adding brake to factory

Tuktu

I have a Sako 90 hunter in 7mm rm, it shoots great with factory Hornady 139 and remington 140. I would like to add a brake. I shoot it because of velocity to go against wind, that's my Achilles heal, I don't want to change barrel length, but can I, should i

I have a Sako 90 hunter in 7mm rm, it shoots great with factory Hornady 139 and remington 140. I would like to add a brake. I shoot it because of velocity to go against wind, that's my Achilles heal, I don't want to change barrel length, but can I, should i
I have used various muzzle brakes since 2003, so my recommendation is yes. There are plenty of excellent muzzle brakes to choose from at reasonable prices. As @Sockeye66 noted, an excellent muzzle brake serves two purposes: reducing felt recoil and muzzle rise. Often, the latter is not realized. Being able to see the impact on targets is priceless.

Be aware that adding a muzzle brake does change the harmonics of the barrel causing your precise ammo to not be as precise. (i.e. group size getting larger)