actions.......all sizes welcome

Terminus has the most features of any custom receiver in the industry.

Patented threaded trigger pins
Proprietary DLC finish on the entire receiver
Unbinding 3 lug design
60* bolt lift
Guaranteed headspace
Unparalleled customer service
The 2023 PRS Pro Series was won with a Terminus Zeus.
I might have to look at a terminus

Might help to give us an idea of what it is your are wanting the action for. Lots of variables for hunting alone, but then add in target / competition shooting adds another level.

I use 4 custom actions:
Favorite all around: Defiance for smoothness, weight savings, trigger/cam timing and variable lengths.

Zermatt for cost , variable lengths and changeable bolt heads. (~850$)

SOLUS for cost, changeable bolt heads and shorter bolt throw.(~700$)

First custom was a Tuebor Ti for cost/weight savings and trigger timing.
Agree with Justice. Used a medium Origin action for a 6.5 PRC build and recently used a Solus for a 22 Creedmoor build. No complaints on either.

Interested in this topic as well. I've used a lot of commercial and military actions for builds, mainly because I acquired them cheap. Some turned out well, and I screwed up a few.

Last edited:

Unbinding 3 lug design
60* bolt lift
Guaranteed headspace
This. Absolutely love my Zeus.
20240928_133333~2.jpg

This. Absolutely love my Zeus. View attachment 606033
I like your build - tell us more, ok? I have 2 Zeus so far - emphasis - so far. I simply don't have a nicer set of rifles that what I built with LRI on Zeus actions and Bartlein barrels - and Trigger Tech Diamonds. And that is out of a LOT of custom builds from some Big names.

Win M70 - true CRF action, but carries a heavy negative and requires a true custom barrel fitting

Zermatt Origin - CRF action with coil spring extractor. Prefit barrel option.

Savage 10 WSM CRF - Easy barrel changes.

I do wish there was a slicker option without going to a full blown 98 mauser custom.

Zermatt can get pre fit barrels bolt heads are changeable without tools and 700 footprint. I use long actions so I can shoot short action cartridges and long action cartridges in the same action.

I'd rather not use a long action as I don't have much of a desire for long action cartridges. As my next custom will more than likely be a 6mm or .224 cal. However, some of the medium length actions are interesting.

The Zermatt/Bighorn Origin is nice because I'm very familiar with Savage. Other than its footprint everything else is like a Savage action I'm very familiar with. The Origin will probably be my first custom action when I'm ready to build my next complete rifle.

I have a couple I need to rebarrel right now, mainly my .243 Win that was my first big boy rifle. It's what I killed my first mule deer and pronghorn with. That's a short action cartridge on a long action Mauser 98, so as you see I'm not opposed to doing it your way either.😉

I have
Win mod 70 crf 7mm-08
Win mod 70 PF 7prc
Win mod 70 PF 30-06
MRC 1999 300wm
MRC 1999 375 H&H
Rem 700 .223
Rem 700 6mm dasher
ARC Nulcleus 308
ARC Nucleus 6.5 creed
BH Origin 6mm dasher
ARC Coup De Grace 223

All of these except the 30-06 and 300wm were built by me, I did the chambering threading etc…

It depends on what you want it for. I like CRF for hunting rifles but it isn't needed for 99% of what I do. The ARC actions are a type of CRF. My favorites are the ARC actions for the cost and features, integral rail, integral recoil lug, DLC coating, swap able bolt heads, etc… <$1,200, and the MRC actions, 3.6", like a vault and smooth.
If I could only keep 1 it would probably be the MRC in 375 H&H.

Having said that you don't need custom, if you want it to be nice and super slick that's great, but that's a want not a need. My untrued REM 700 in 6mm dasher has shot 5 shot groups in the .2's with a green mountain barrel blank and a worked over factory trigger in an HS Precision stock.

Nothing against the BH Origin actions vs the ARC, I just like the ARC better and felt it was more for the same $$.

Unbinding 3 lug design
60* bolt lift
Guaranteed headspace
Joel,
I love my SA Zues and Kratos Lite. Will we ever see a "Zues Lite"?

I would be all over Zues lite Full thread!