Acceptable Accuracy For Hog Hunting

7 TCU. Great cal, hard on Hand!
As for sighting in, I've always tryed this. Target at 1000" inches, then @ 100 yds. Get on paper at 1000" inches should put one on Paper at 100 yds. Then ZERO!
#1 1000" , #2 100 yds. 300 WM. HMR-PRO just breaking in First RDS down range. Better now! Way Better NOW!
100 yds is a 50' small bore reduced for 50', shot at 100 Yds.
Something to Ponder?

Attachments

• IMG_1477.jpeg
    IMG_1477.jpeg
    436.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1478.jpeg
    IMG_1478.jpeg
    340.9 KB · Views: 13
This is an example of how fast hogs can populate an area.
Remember the 3's.
3 months
3 weeks
3 days
Boom... another picture like this!
FROM EACH SOW!

Just in time for planting season!!

Attachments

• New Sounder.jpeg
    New Sounder.jpeg
    140.2 KB · Views: 24
I just got back from a javelina hunt. I use a 7mm TCU Contender carbine that is a joy to carry and shoot. When I shoot, I can see the result. My friend shot one on Thursday with his .270 at about 25 yards. He lost sight of it because of the recoil, and went to the wrong spot to look for it. For some reason, he was looking for it 100 yards away. I walked back up to where he shot and found it. Of course the .270 blew away both shoulders.

The older I get, the more I like light weight guns and light recoil.
Head shoot em drop in their tracks. Pretty good eating when cleaned right and aged 5-6 days on a little salt and lots of ice.

Open the cooler and smell musk through out.

UpsidedownJack, Pachmayr grips help on a pistol, but I use a carbine.
Just a simple 10" barrel, Iron sights and stock grips! Loved the Gun. Cal, 77 TCU, but was a Pain in the Butt to form all the Brass. Was great on Steel Rams out at 100 meters, and an Elk in Colo!

I picked up 100 rounds of Lake City brass a few months ago. I use an RCBS lubing pad, and after lubing the outside, I twist the case mouth down on the pad. I sized them with the RCBS die, and didn't split any. I did the other standard case prep as I'd do with any brass. With a minimum load and cheap blem bullets, those fireforming rounds shoot as accurately as any. I last did case prep about 40 years ago with brass picked up on the range. It still works, but they weren't all the same brand, so the LC brass seemed like a good idea. The 7 TCU is very gentle on brass and barrels.

Recent Posts