? about bad barrel blank

JE, if you don't mind, would you briefly explain the procedure you use to check a blank before cutting it.. I assume, from your previous post, that you are checking for ID/OD concentricity only ?? Or other areas checked as well.. Mostly interested in your procedure, I'm sure I'll learn something! Also would you mind naming the company you've had good luck with? I understand if you decline to answer that. Again, always willing and wanting to learn from others with more experience !

Sorry, had just read the first page or two of this thread when I posted.

Last edited:
Hey Pat. You might try @ButterBean i think he knew Jerry pretty well. I had very little contact with Jerry. The only contact I had was because of this thread. I wrote to him asking pretty much what you're asking. He told me to give him my number and he would call me. He never did, and I did not want to be a pain in his neck. Of course, he was getting on in years at that point.
I think that at Butterbean is your best shot. I think from reading here on the forums, that he switched jobs. Therefore, it may take you a little time to get a reply.