7mmRemMag accurate load?

SniperDan1

I'm looking for a accurate deer load for my Winchester M70 7mm rem meg 26" barrel
I have been trying hornady 154 sst, 67.8gr IMR 7828ssc, CCI250
If anyone knows any good loads or info, I would appreciate it?

I'm looking for a accurate deer load for my Winchester M70 7mm rem meg 26" barrel
I have been trying hornady 154 sst, 67.8gr IMR 7828ssc, CCI250
If anyone knows any good loads or info, I would appreciate it?
Welcome to LRH, and enjoy! As with anything else, YMMV. What works for others might not work for your rifle setup. It would be best if you found out what works for your rifle. You might want to share what you have done thus far in your reloading so others can provide you with what might work with your chosen components. Good luck!

As @FEENIX said.
What works in my rifle may not work in yours.

And due to possible litigations, I will never share a specific powder charge over an open forum.

Now if you need help with the process of finding an accurate load for your rifle, we are here.

From what little info you gave us, 7828 is a decent powder for that bullet weight.

While I shoot a lot of SSTs for range use, I find that they tend to expand faster than other bullets, to the point of too fast.
Friends of mine use them, and they work. But they get a lot of blood shot meat.

If you want to stay in the 150gr range, I'd suggest the Nosler Ballistic Tip or Berger Classic Hunter.
They perform differently from each other, but they work.
And you will notice smaller group sizes than the SST.

I have some 150gr Tipped GameKings, and they have proven accurate at the range, but I have yet to take any game with one.

150 gr ballistic tip and Imr 4350. Nosler has data. I use cci 250's. Deer killing machine. I think I am either 40 or 60 off. Cant remember. Everyone thinks you need a slow powder and they do work for the heavier bullets well. But the 4350 does well. R22 was also a good powder. I have been using R26 with 160's.

In my Sako 85 Finnlight, I am running 175 Bergers over Retumbo at 2940 fps with a 24" barrel.

I shot 3 nice bucks at 300-325yds under a persimmon tree in a pasture, old home place. 154 SST, 63.0g of IMR 4350, Rem case with rem 9 1/2, start at 62.0g and work up. Two of the bucks dropped in their tracks while one jumped straight up like a bottle rocket and came down head first with his rack sticking in the ground! The 154 SST did one heck of a job in the control feed model 70 Win Stainless. IMR 7828 should be incredible, but your seating depth will be critical for tight groups, find what yours likes.

The other load the rifle likes is with a 140g Accubond, seated .003 off the lands with 65-66g of IMR 4350, Rem case and Rem 9 1/2 primer groups are around 3/8", sometimes less. You may have to sort the accubonds by ogive lengths, but my rifle liked them very close to the lands, so do other 7 Rem mags. Barnes 140g TTSX are very accurate with this same powder charge seated .050 off the lands.

160g Sierra btsp, 61.0g of IMR 4350, Rem case, with rem 9 1/2 shoots 5/8" and this bullet is not picky on the OAL, work up to this load in your rifle. My family has killed more deer with the 160g BTSP than any other bullet, deer rarely ever run with this load.

Last edited:
I find in nearly all belted magnums with many different bullet weights and calibres that H1000 is often the sweet spot powder.
H4831 is excellent for group size but wanes in velocity across the board.
Another fantastic magnum powder is RE25, if you can find it or already have it.
My Sendero II in 7RM still remains unfired, it has my 264WM barrel screwed on currently…

Cheers.