7mm Weatherby & N565

hubbarj

Has anyone run N565 in the 7mm Weatherby mag. I'm having a heck of a time finding any data. I emailed Vihtavuori a few months ago and have got a reply. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Seems like full power 7 RM loads would be a sensible starting point.?
Or maybe 7PRC for something a tad more conservative
Thanks for the info. It may not be suitable for what I'm thinking. I'd like to run the 150 ELDX with it but looks like there's no data on that either. Lol

Might be careful about squaring something up in the shoulder with those ELD-X, I know everyones had experiences (good and bad) but with the velocities your capable of running out of the bee i've had them come apart in my 257 and 300 and our deer are not nearly the size of yours in Mich. Shame because they are extremely accurate - just my 2cents. Good luck with your development - 7mm wby maybe the most underrated of the bee's.

Might be careful about squaring something up in the shoulder with those ELD-X, I know everyones had experiences (good and bad) but with the velocities your capable of running out of the bee i've had them come apart in my 257 and 300 and our deer are not nearly the size of yours in Mich. Shame because they are extremely accurate - just my 2cents. Good luck with your development - 7mm wby maybe the most underrated of the bee's.
Good call on the shoulder shot. I would like to use a heavier bullet but this is a very old rifle with a 12 twist. Heck this bullet may be too long for it. His load was a 139 interlock and imr4831. I may just keep using that if this doesn't work out. I like to tinker and would like to squeeze a little more accuracy out of this rifle. I tend to run bonded or mono for hunting here in the UP of Michigan cause all my shots are up close and personal. I got this gun from an elderly friend of the family that killed sheep all over the globe with it. I'd like to keep its story going on a few western hunts.

Good call on the shoulder shot. I would like to use a heavier bullet but this is a very old rifle with a 12 twist. Heck this bullet may be too long for it. His load was a 139 interlock and imr4831. I may just keep using that if this doesn't work out. I like to tinker and would like to squeeze a little more accuracy out of this rifle. I tend to run bonded or mono for hunting here in the UP of Michigan cause all my shots are up close and personal. I got this gun from an elderly friend of the family that killed sheep all over the globe with it. I'd like to keep its story going on a few western hunts.
Yes sir, the 12 twist doesn't market well in today's world.

I have a bunch of 150 sciroccos to load up after I shoot up the factory stuff. Either those, light Barnes or hammers (which I've used in many other calibers) would be some bad medicine.