New to reloading

Just a side note: make sure that the locking surface of your bolt lugs have an appropriate lube on them. (That's the side of the lug that faces you) This will help avoid galling a lug while you are trying to figure out why shells are jamming or are difficult to extract. Also, there is a small, angled spot on the back of the receiver that the bolt handle contacts when you are raising it. You should have a small dab of bolt lug lube there too.

Like I said it feeds difficult. Push it forward then back n in sometimes or just feed it kinda hard and it goes first time. Could this be ejecter marks?? Otherwise I will look at measurements on the chamber and back it off shoulder maybe.

Idk if it's been said but my experience with loading for 6 different Christensens is they pressure early. 4 Ridgelines and 2 ELRs. Usually about middle to just past middle of book. Velocity has been good though. Also one 6.5 PRC with factory Hornady 143 eldx would b in the lands a good ways.
Start low work up and like others said listen to what your rifle is telling you. Good luck!
This is probably why the early pressure. CA are notorious for this. Although not a problem.
As for the slightly difficult bolt close I would definitely try bumping the shoulder a bit more on a piece of brass and see if it chambers easier.

Before I bumped the shoulder back I would check to make sure you aren't just jamming the bullet into the lands. Takes about 2 seconds . Bumping the shoulders could cause excessive headspace if that isn't the problem. Just my $.02.

Recent Posts