7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

Same thing here, I have one of the original Sendero's I bought new in 1987 with the fluted stainless barrel that will handle the heavier bullets. I had the Christensen built because I wanted a lighter rifle for carrying around the Arizona mountains.

Here is the last group I fired. IMG_20140907_172506541_HDR.jpg I got a muzzle brake on it this rifle was a custom builtIMG_20140822_193351532.jpg

I honestly don't remember my rifles twist; but it sure loves the 150s. On a different note, you may recall I wrote earlier that I was going to suppress it. I had to get an adapter for it to shoot suppressed since the maker threaded it for his muzzle brake. Got out yesterday with a new (for it) Nightforce scope and the 308 suppressor. Two shots and zeroed. Man , is that ever loving saweeet! If you haven't tried a suppressor on the STW, you are missing out on what makes the round so much more fun to shoot! Improves accuracy, too. I couldn't believe it, but that 150 is cruising along at close to 3200fps AND I DIDN'T NEED EAR PLUGS! The sonic boom was way down range and unlike the 223s crack, this was a boom downrange. WOW! No more brakes for me! I actually started with the ear plugs, not fully knowing how loud the "crack" would be. As my friend shot it, I backed up and pulled one out. Could not believe it. Yeah, it is loud, but down range and not a crack. Incredible. Love it! Love shooting suppressed! I've got two suppressors and so far six rifles using them. If you can stand the wait, they are definitely worth the price.

I have to agree with WildRose; you really need great glass to shoot long range. Also, higher priced glass doesn't always mean you get better light gathering. Most good scopes look fine in sunlight. But when do you see the big heads of game? Usually in very low light of mornings and evenings. If you're going to the 7 STW, it's probably because you want that long range and or knock down power for the bigger game. Cutting corners on scopes and mounts is a BIG detriment to accurately shooting long range and or in twilight. For the price of a 30 mm Leupold, you can get a whole lot better scope by other makers. Also, bigger objective bells and 30MM tubes will draw in way more light than one inch tubes and 40MM objectives. Just my two cents.

I am running a Weaver 6.5 -20-44 with windage rings from leupold been good so far . I normally run Nikon for glass but they didn't have one over 12 power this time. I am planning on a Burris eliminator later on for the STW

For anyone in need....Midway now has them in stock. I had forgotten I backordered mine, and it automatically shipped out yesterday. Should be here Monday or Tuesday. As of right now, that's the last modified case I need for all my bolt-action centerfire calibers. Which will be a relief. Then I can finally know how much freebore my STW likes.

Hornady Lock-N-Load Overall Length Gage Modified Case 7mm STW

I shooting my 7stw 30 inch 1-9 twist barrel with 162 a max 3224 fps with 15 fps spread . with h1000 . shooting dime size hole if I am up to it . its about .003 off of lands . My thing I don't under stand is people say about different brass I shoot nosler and winchester brass and don't see any differents between the 2 . about the only difference I see between the 2 is I got to neck turn more brass off the nosler then the Winchester . I use a fl reddng bushing die . and only bump shoulder back .001

I think I posted this in another heading; but I just started shooting mine with a suppressor. You gotta get one ! No more muzzle brakes for me! I was amazed at how it worked on the STW. Accuracy remained as good or better than before. Recoil was definitely improved! Sound was definitely improved! Sonic boom was way down range. Sounded like a high velocity .22. Really.
BTW, I'm using one of my Nightforce scopes on mine.

I've only ever used Remington brass in my STW, because that was what was available when I first got it, so it is always what I have stuck with. Not like I can get other brass much, if any cheaper, and it does good for accuracy. I've never noticed a lot of difference in accuracy between brass, but in my more accuracy dependent rifles (I never bothered in the 45/70 or Mini 14) I try not to mix and match brass.

I did notice with my 44 magnum pistol loads that some brands of brass weighed enough grains different than others that I couldn't tell which rounds were loaded without powder by weighing the loaded rounds, unless I looked at the headstamp. One brand actually weighed more without powder than another brand did with powder. (I don't remember which brand was which, but I Federal, Winchester, Remington, and probably a few odds and sods, and each brand had a different average weight, some brands significantly different). I couldn't tell any accuracy difference through a four inch barreled pistol, but always assumed such a significant difference might make a noticeable point of impact difference in a long range rifle; so I simply always avoided it.

I used a 30 cal. suppressor made in Radford,Va. by T&J Tactical. He has a small web site and his phone # is 540-605-0603. What I like about his is that there's no cleaning ! It's a solid unit and he swears I will never have to clean it. I think the small cans used for .22 rimfires and lead bullets MAY need cleaning waaay down the road. Not his though. Jeff is a very knowledgeable machinist and shooter. His work goes way beyond suppressors and everything I've seen is first rate.

Hey guys I'm looking to sell my Weatherby Accumark V... Any ideas on what avenues I could take to sell this awesome piece? I've tried Armslist but nobody seems to understand the value of the rifle seeing as how rare it is... Thanks for your help. Jared.gun)