7mm PRC starting load Please

bahabill

Building new rifle and looking for starting data. I have GORDONS RELOADING and sorry to ask but it does not have 7prc data.

Here is spec

Peterson Brass
24 inch barrel
hornady 162 eld-m
Berger 168 VLD hunter

POWDER is Viht. N565 Got alot of it and works great in my other 6.5 prc and 300

Looking for the begining of 100% powder burn cause this powder is only dirty burning when running lean.

Starting / max presure if you can please Thanks guys

From Hornady
IMG_4841.jpeg

Building new rifle and looking for starting data. I have GORDONS RELOADING and sorry to ask but it does not have 7prc data.

Here is spec

Peterson Brass
24 inch barrel
hornady 162 eld-m
Berger 168 VLD hunter

Looking for the begining of 100% powder burn cause this powder is only dirty burning when running lean.

Here is data from VV's website

Dont be surprised if the loads fps dont match the hornady guide or others recorded feedback in shorter barrels. I have a x-bolt in 20" and have had to push them to get to 2850 on 175s. Im thinking RL26 is the speed for this and the rest just get too much pressure trying to chase the number. Your 22" will help some but Im using rl22, h1000, and staball hd.

hornady brass was soft and extractor marks. switched to ADG and that helped.

Dont be surprised if the loads fps dont match the hornady guide or others recorded feedback in shorter barrels. I have a x-bolt in 20" and have had to push them to get to 2850 on 175s. Im thinking RL26 is the speed for this and the rest just get too much pressure trying to chase the number. Your 22" will help some but Im using rl22, h1000, and staball hd.

new barrel should speed up over the first 50 rounds fired

Here is spec

Peterson Brass
24 inch barrel
hornady 162 eld-m
Berger 168 VLD hunter

Look on Hawkins 7PRC load testing they have what you are looking for by the way you know that 565. Burn temp is over 4000 degrees

Did you try n560? I found that to be pretty good in the shorter 6.5s.. n565nas well. Theb7prc i just finished is a 23inch barrel and 180s are doing 2960 with h1000.. shoots literally 1 hole @100 .. next charge up shot well under 1/2 minute as well at nearly 3k

Here is spec

Peterson Brass
24 inch barrel
hornady 162 eld-m
Berger 168 VLD hunter

A pdf from Hornady I dl'd

Attachments

• 7mm-prc.pdf
    544.4 KB · Views: 7
Did you try n560? I found that to be pretty good in the shorter 6.5s.. n565nas well. Theb7prc i just finished is a 23inch barrel and 180s are doing 2960 with h1000.. shoots literally 1 hole @100 .. next charge up shot well under 1/2 minute as well at nearly 3k
Have not tried n560, just thinking the x-bolt might be a hair slow. I'll try to find some 560 and see how it goes.

I had the same issue mentioned about two bullets really tight to touching and then a 1" flyer and thinking it's the brass, shooting the ADG brass workups tomorrow with 175' ABLRs in H1000 and Staball HD and will chrony along with group testing.

i have always wondered if going to a quicker powder would do better in the shorter barrels, but haven't seen the correlation with other guns so not sure. Any thoughts or experience on that?