7LRM Hornady 175grn ELD-X load data please

Well I'm at a complete loss with this rifle. I can't for the life of me make it shoot less than 3" at 200 yards. :(

I've tried it all. I feel like I found the node in the barrel but it just won't shoot. I tried running the 180's at several different charges and different seating depths with zero luck. I tried the 175's at a few more deeper seating depths with no luck. I've checked the rifle a dozen times for stress or pressure on the action and can't find anything that could even remotely cause it not to shoot. I'm about done with it. I've tried shooting it clean and I've tried shooting it dirty. Makes no difference.

I do notice that I get smoked necks regardless of the powder or powder charge. I've only tried h1000 and Retumbo. Is this ok?
I would be completely satisfied if it would shoot 1.5-2" groups at 200 yards consistently. Im going to call my GS tomorrow and send it back to him if I can't get this resolved. Arg!!!

736409B2-C9DA-40F6-AB2C-4CAA0D93EFF5_zpszo28yhm1.jpg

Shot the Mountainx last evening with Gunwerks recommended load with Berger 180 hybrid, 70.5 h1000, 3.403oal. Had a three shot group of .349". Tried 71.0 that Rick was using, with the same oal. Shot .201" three shot group at 100 yards. WOW!! Same gun that can't group better than 2 inches with the 175 ELDX. I guess I figured out where my problem was. Sneekehunter, I hope you get yours worked out soon. Labor Day Fire Sale coming on 175ELDX that Gunwerks said was the latest and greatest.

Don't be afraid of the Hybrid on big game either. The attached is a recovered 180 grain Hybrid taken from the bull I shot last year at a bit over 650 yards.

ca4f9fba91066affc6850a959389be61_zpsm6caea4o.jpg

Well I ordered some of the hybrids. Has anyone tried the Berger 195 EOL ELITE? I'm guessing I can get at least 2800fps and I ran a stability factor in them which came in at 1.53 in a 1-9 twist barrel. Any thoughts? Think that would be stable enough?

Last edited:
I picked up some of the 180 hybrids from a local shop today and almost bought a box of the 195's. I just loaded up the 180's with 70.5 and 71 grns of h1000 with a coal of 3.403. Fingers crossed that something shoots. Headed to the range in the morning barring a major storm front that moved through tonight.

Just for gee-wiz my buddy's 7LRM shoots the 195's lights out with 69.5 grns of h1000. He has a 1-8 twist Bartlien and its chambered specifically for that bullet b

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.