700 Remington aftermarket stock recommendations

I like the ag alpine hunter. I have 3 of them and all are perfect. Great guys to deal with as well. I would get one in whatever proof contour you intend to use and live with a little extra free float for now. I did it with a 223 700p and it doesn't look terrible. I wanted the option of a proof sendero later so that is the one I got. The sps tac with a rem varmint channel looks better though. Both shoot great still. If you can spare the weight, the adjustable would be nice for >50mm scopes. I kind of wish the one I bought for my bighorn origin build had one but that rifle is still in the works so not sure yet.

My next "stock" stock (not chassis) well very likely be an AG unless I find a screaming deal on a McMillan. I'm not impressed with my Manners.

I have had great success and really like the Game Series from McMillan and the EH1 from Manners. Have also heard good things about AG composits but haven't shot them. I have minimal experience with the Grayboe on three Vudoo .22's I shot over a day and didn't have any issues.

HS Precision is a good option. A friend purchased a Stockys and is very impressed with it.
Blue print , bed and put a Jewell trigger in it and save up for semi custom when the barrel is fried
It's going to get a new trigger, new stock, and barrel, everything will happen just not in a rush for all at once.

300 RUM, factory 700 stainless barrel, factory stock. Fortunately this gun shoots great 1/2 5 shot groups at 100. Even with the factory trigger. I'm in search of opinions on after market stocks. I want to keep the weight down as it is still going to be packed. Have looked at the AG composite hunter, but never shot one. Any recommendations on stocks out there? And no I'm not spending more than 700 bucks. It's a factory barrel and until its shot out it's not changing.

Check out Grayboe. They have a variety of stock models for Rem 700. You can find them at lower prices at on line dealers than at the Grayboe.com web site. I got the outlander (simplest design) for my 700 long action. I love it.

https://grayboe.com/
These seem reasonable. No experience with them...the other thought is buy once, cry once.

If packing it and not looking to put a heavy barrel on it later, I like the McMillan Game Scout for a narrow/sporter type barrel. I have one on a sporter barrel and really like it. Also have a Ruger "R" style, similar to the Rem "Classic" style. Very light but not too light. I would do this again for a lighter weight/walking stalker.

I've got the Grayboe Ridgeback and love it. There is one of their Terrains in my future.

Grayboe is an excellent choice in that price range comparison.

Manners is a top notch choice is the price allows it

What's your combined weight goal for barreled action, optics, and stock?

If you have your rifle set up the way you like other than the stock, pull your barreled action out and weigh it. Once you know what your metal weighs with optics, it'll narrow down your stock choices quickly if you have a certain goal in mind.

There are three main areas you can control weight on a rifle. They are the stock, optics/optic mounts, and barrel contour & length. There isnt a lot you can do to a factory action where cost on return doesn't get pretty steep.

What's your combined weight goal for barreled action, optics, and stock?

If you have your rifle set up the way you like other than the stock, pull your barreled action out and weigh it. Once you know what your metal weighs with optics, it'll narrow down your stock choices quickly if you have a certain goal in mind.

There are three main areas you can control weight on a rifle. They are the stock, optics/optic mounts, and barrel contour & length. There isnt a lot you can do to a factory action where cost on return doesn't get pretty steep.
Trying to keep stock under or a little over 2 lbs. I go for long walks so weight is a concern. I will sacrifice extra weight for accuracy. Not building a truck gun, or one that isnt packable.

300 RUM, factory 700 stainless barrel, factory stock. Fortunately this gun shoots great 1/2 5 shot groups at 100. Even with the factory trigger. I'm in search of opinions on after market stocks. I want to keep the weight down as it is still going to be packed. Have looked at the AG composite hunter, but never shot one. Any recommendations on stocks out there? And no I'm not spending more than 700 bucks. It's a factory barrel and until its shot out it's not changing.
best you can buy out there https://agcomposites.com/stocks

I think the best stocks made are McMillan. For your application I would want a McMillan Hunter or a BDL style. Either one of those is available with edge fill. They have a way of modifying the fill so in will work with a 300 RUM.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.