7-300 Norma Mag Improved

The podcast said they've been using the "new" tips since 2018, they just finally got the patent so they're announcing it.

I sized my necks down in 2 steps. I tried 1 stepping it initially and it gave me a pretty good donut.

I seated my bullets like .060 into the lands for forming.

It's all a big learning process and you'll learn what works for you and the case as well!

I learned a lot about reloading when I started messing with wildcats. It's like a trial by fire haha. But worth it in the end
I have a 300 Norma bushing die, so I'll try that for the next 50 (I have 150 of Peterson), using bushings to go down in two steps versus the one and then use the WTO dies for sizing after fireforming. We'll see how this first batch goes. I don't know why I didn't think of that…. I could kick myself….

Hopefully I have enough jam to blow out the case to almost full chamber profile, I was nervous about using to much jam and spiking my pressure with an unknown load.

I have a 300 Norma bushing die, so I'll try that for the next 50 (I have 150 of Peterson), using bushings to go down in two steps versus the one and then use the WTO dies for sizing after fireforming. We'll see how this first batch goes. I don't know why I didn't think of that…. I could kick myself….

Hopefully I have enough jam to blow out the case to almost full chamber profile, I was nervous about using to much jam and spiking my pressure with an unknown load.
Oh yeah, I would certainly use the standard bushing die on the initial size down! It's really a huge learning curve and figuring stuff out like that.

The jam isn't for blowing the shoulders out. It's for keep them in a same spot each time while they form out.

They're going to form no matter what. But where the brass comes from can be inconsistent.

Gents new to the forum: what drawing is everyone using for the 7-300 NMI? I read shoulder angle is key?
So ....
thx much
This gun was built by High Voltage Armory, and he also designed the reamer. He'll build you a gun, but won't share the reamer print.

First buck of the season with the 7-300. 180 ELDM had excellent performance at 480 yards.
IMG_6201.jpeg