6mmARC info

Andrewc

Looking for some info on actual speeds and accuracy with 6mmARC shooting 80-90gn bullets with a 22-24in barrel with 7.5 twist. Thinking about building one. Thanks!

Got great results with 18" barrel from Brownells. Stellar results with 108ELD-M on top of 28gr. 2000MR. Also 103ELD-x on top of 28gr CFE.
All loads were Sub Moa and exceeded 2700fps. Brass was sized from Grendel 1fired Norma, once thru the FL sizing die.......

Boxed ammo was very unimpressive. Handload 88 Shock Hammers 2890FPS. 97 Absolute Hammers 3200FPS.
What's your load on the 97 hammer ? I'm shooting a 90 grain ELDX at 2870 with a hornady book max load of cfe223. 22 inch barrel. Good accuracy but I'd love to have the extra 300 fps you're getting.

I've had more pressure issues with 108 Eld M factory ammo on hot days, than I have had with hand load in my gas gun. A hot July or August day running factory ammo in a tactical rifle match conditions with a suppressor was a recipe for lots of ejector swipes.

I've had more pressure issues with 108 Eld M factory ammo on hot days, than I have had with hand load in my gas gun. A hot July or August day running factory ammo in a tactical rifle match conditions with a suppressor was a recipe for lots of ejector swipes.
TRG65, you're over gassed, not over pressured. Remove your suppressor, adjust your gas block or change the weight of your BCG. Your conclusion based on ejector swipes is a very common mistake made by gas gun owners.

Last edited:
Oddly enough I have the gas turned down to where it is one click from not locking back with the factory, and I'm running an h1 or h2 buffer I forget how many I put in with a tubbs spring. My handloads cycle but don't lock back. Which I'm fine with. If I run dry at a match or when I go hunting enough has already gone wrong and it's time to quit.

TRG, that is odd that you're still having problems with all the mods you've tried.

My 6ARC velocities were lower than 2725 shooting Hornady factory 103 ELD-X. I was getting 2585 from an 18" 7.5 twist Savage Tactical bolt rifle and only 2485 from the 108 ELD-Ms. Of course, factory ammo is downloaded for semiautomatic use.

Reloads gave me 2751 using 95gr Berger Classic Hunters with 29.5gr Varget and 2588 with 27.9gr Varget, twice fired brass. This is using the hotter Hornady data for BOLT RIFLES. It has 70 rounds through it so far. Reload groups were not as tight as the 108 factory groups, so I need to play with the Berger jumps next while accomplishing a little more break-in.