6.8 Western loading and brass

coop2564

Anyone heard if any other company besides Winchester is going to make brass for the 6.8 Western?
The win brass is just not good at all. I can visually see thin necks and have already had 3 of the 1st batch of 30 neck split on 2nd firing. If you look at case from top the necks are paper thin on a portion of the neck. Luckly not all the cases are this way seems about 1 in 8 or so. Hoping Starline or someone will step up?

My Model 70 Long range MB 24" is shooting very well especially with the Barnes 155gr and the 170gr Berger. So far, Retumbo has been the accuracy king and very close in top speed. Grand and Staball HD have had top velocities but not as good and consistent accuracy. Right now, my strategy is shoot the 155gr Barnes for woods whitetails, hogs and med range work. This is my best and most consistent grouping avg. .7moa at modest 2828 fps but it's very forgiving and light kicking in this node. Most my whitetail hunting is in pine/hardwoods mix with 350 yd power line shots longest, this load will work well. The 170 Berger EOL would be longer range work @ 2910 is my best node for it. I only have .7" AVG POI difference at 100 yds between the two loads and same powder.

This Cartridge is very pleasant to shoot and accurate. Hoping some more companies hop on board with components.

Recent Posts