6.5x284 close range shot

I used to shoot Hornady 150 grain round nose bullets in my 270 Win. , they certainly were not fast but it was a deadly deer load with minimal meat loss, speed and hydro-static shock wave cause lots of tissue damage.
I shot a few of those myself but they were kind of limiting because we hunted so many large fields. They sure hit hard though.

Congratulations.
Any clean kill and a fair hunt is what we all want.

Distance does not matter. Get closer if you can. Have guided and observed.

I have dissected at least 500 animals and bullet performance. Each different brand and make worked as they were designed for.

Please hunt wirh fairness and respect to the game.

I had similar results on opening doe day this weekend. It was a very long shot as I was setup for an anticipated 150-450 yd shot from a lawn chair sitting in some tall weeds. The shot was perfectly placed taking out the top of the heart. Figure my 300WM with 150gr Sierra Silver Tip bullets was traveling over 3000 ft/sec when it hit the deer at 24 yds broadside. The hydraulic shock pulled the inerds out the exit hole a full foot. Didn't even break the intestines, just pulled them intact out the huge hole. Also a large entrance hole.

40.3 of 4350. My speed isn't quite what yours is but its super accurate.View attachment 412759
That is the same powder quantity I use in my 6.5 Creedmoor with the 147 ELDM bullet, it's velocity is right at 2600 and is very accurate too, not fast but reliable. The same quantity of Varget is what I use with the 123 ELDM....very accurate too. 40.3 in both makes it easy to remember for me.