6.5 PRC for Aoudad??

I'm probably the most trusting in your bullets or the dumbest or luckiest person to use them.
It's getting harder and harder to drag out anything bigger than a 6.5 man bun anymore for normal hunting ranges.

I'm probably the most trusting in your bullets or the dumbest or luckiest person to use them.
It's getting harder and harder to drag out anything bigger than a 6.5 man bun anymore for normal hunting ranges.
Planning to take my 30-06 if it gets back from nitriding soon enough.

1 shot, 150 yards, 6.5 Creedmore, 140 accubond !!! He walked 3-4 steps and sat down slowly. Wasn't a sudden knock down, but as if he went to sit down in a chair, back end 1st, then front end. Then put his head down. It was a tad too far back, but I caught both lungs. Doesn't matter, nothing runs away from a 140 accubond. These threads shouldn't be allowed.

The bigger argument was the outfitter doesn't take Aoudad meat, just the cape. So I argued with guy for 20 minutes, and we finally put the Ram in the truck and drove back to camp. Then cut off all the good cuts. He was right about puss pockets in the meat, but I cut around them.

I have guided a lot of Aoudad hunts and shot a couple myself. They aren't made of steel. Not as tough as a Mt Goat. A 6.5 anything will work. Shot two with my 6.5 Grendel.

They die if you put the bullet in the vitals.

Your 6.5 PRC is a good choice.

Me and my three friends took 4 nice Texas Aoudad in 2 days last October with 308, 7mm RM, 338 WM, and 300 Weatherby. Shots were 250 to 500 yards. The 308 took 2 shots but that was the 500 yard shot. All were factory loads and I don't have the others exact bullets or weights. Comparing their anatomy to African antelopes is valid. You should aim more forward that on a deer. Our guides advice was to shoot them in the shoulders and they won't go any where. Use a stout bullet. I found the steep up or down hill shooting angles to be a challenge, so be prepared. The hill country is rugged and rocky, hard on feet and knees. Bring good boots. Watch out for the cholla cactus, it is a particularly nasty one. Learn from your guides on how to pick out the best Aoudad in the area. You will probably see many of them; so don't shoot the wrong one. I want to go back and hunt them with a .25 or 6.5 or .284 something cartridge. They are tougher than deer, but a good bullet with proper placement will put them right down. In Texas you can hunt them year around which can fit into anyone's schedule.

I also have be
1 shot, 150 yards, 6.5 Creedmore, 140 accubond !!! He walked 3-4 steps and sat down slowly. Wasn't a sudden knock down, but as if he went to sit down in a chair, back end 1st, then front end. Then put his head down. It was a tad too far back, but I caught both lungs. Doesn't matter, nothing runs away from a 140 accubond. These threads shouldn't be allowed.

The bigger argument was the outfitter doesn't take Aoudad meat, just the cape. So I argued with guy for 20 minutes, and we finally put the Ram in the truck and drove back to camp. Then cut off all the good cuts. He was right about puss pockets in the meat, but I cut around them.
I also was told you can't eat them. Finally tried some cubes and deep fried. It was weird texture but not bad.

We shot our audad last year with 6.5 RPM's. I shot mine with the 115 Power Hammer and Brian shot his with the 134g Power Hammer. Mine was about 100y, centered the shoulders and dropped to the shot. Brian's was about 150y, 1st shot too far back but he only went about 30y and held up in the thick. Second shot on the point of the shoulder at about 100y and dropped him. The poor shot was very telling since he could not muster the energy to leave with the herd.

They are not a big animal but very dense and have that African toughness. If I were not testing bullets and shooting a 6.5 PRC I would load the 124g Hammer Hunter. We are running these north of 3400 fsp very nicely. This makes an easy 700y combo and more if needed. The 124g Hammer Hunter can handle shoulders or odd angles without trouble. I am confident that you will see better terminal performance from the 124g Hammer Hunter at over 3400 fps than anything else mentioned.

As others have said, run what gives you confidence. Confidence should not be overlooked.
A friend and member here, has taken 2 Aoudad with his 264 win mag and the 124 gr HAMMER , that bullet will perform . D.R.T.