6.5 Mega done!

Might have a new set of rules in place..? This one will be less likely to puke unburned powder, and definitely will be an improvement in efficiency. Barrel will surely last longer.
Justice is going to find out, he needs to hurry up and tag out. I wish him luck quickly!

And thanks to him I'll probably be looking for another barrel before long, or at least a re-chamber for a certain 6.5 Max. It's already 28"
3 states to hunt in … it'll be next year before I get to this cartridge because I still have two cartridges to test in front of it.

Might have a new set of rules in place..? This one will be less likely to puke unburned powder, and definitely will be an improvement in efficiency. Barrel will surely last longer.
Justice is going to find out, he needs to hurry up and tag out. I wish him luck quickly!

And thanks to him I'll probably be looking for another barrel before long, or at least a re-chamber for a certain 6.5 Max. It's already 28"
Phil Phil Phil, efficiency and Barrel longevity. I couldn't care less, Not me just screaming bullets and smacking animals near to far, it's in range of the king 6.5-300wby. Barrel life is longer than I will live at 55 years old. It's a killer not a Prarie dog, PRS gun. Just a game killer extraordinaire.

With saying all that I do love the case of the Mega.

I'm wondering how fast a Berger Hybrid can be launched with predictable results.?

Barrel life isn't a real concern for me either.
But I do value somewhat well behaved cartridge designs.

Unlike my Dad who uses a 257STW 10tw and 100gr TTSX. But he's animals only. I shoot more than he does, except July and August usually, anyhow.

The one other 6.5 Mega I've heard about shot 156 EH at a comfortable 3250+ and "hit an 8" plate at will at 1200yds" as I recall. Serious medicine from any angle.

I'm wondering how fast a Berger Hybrid can be launched with predictable results.?

Barrel life isn't a real concern for me either.
But I do value somewhat well behaved cartridge designs.

Unlike my Dad who uses a 257STW 10tw and 100gr TTSX. But he's animals only. I shoot more than he does, except July and August usually, anyhow.

The one other 6.5 Mega I've heard about shot 156 EH at a comfortable 3250+ and "hit an 8" plate at will at 1200yds" as I recall. Serious medicine from any angle.
That's smoking if true which i have some doubts, unless they are hitting huge pressures. I am working on my 6.5x300 with 153.5 and am at 3250+ with zero pressure. I finished up an additional ladder due to no pressure. Cant wait to see where she goes.
I am enjoying the 6.5 's more than I thought I would.

Just got my 6.5 Mega in.

Thanks to Derek and Tyler for getting me the reamer from JGS.
Thanks to Alamo Precision Rifles for the build.
Defiance Machine Classic XM Plus
— Pucker Factor
Benchmark Barrel 24"/1.8t
Leupold 4-14x50
Trigger Tech Primary
Hawkins Precision Bottom metal
Manners LRH — RedVanes

Looks fantastic, enjoy.