6.5 haters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would invite lovers and haters alike to read this article. Some may gain more respect for the Creedmoor and some may not.

Attachments

• chrome_screenshot_1686791254559.png
    chrome_screenshot_1686791254559.png
    92.4 KB · Views: 33
At the end of the day a cartridge is just a platform to launch a bullet. Once that bullet leaves the barrel it's irrelevant. So if you think the 6.5 swede or the 260 is good but hate on the creedmoor. Then that's just bias on your point because ballistically they are what for what. Maybe it's some deep seated insecurity about your masculinity. 😆

Could certainly be done, though if used intentionally🙀 ….I know how the "fudd" is! 😉 memtb
If Elmer had had a creed and 2 rounds of ammo, we'd no longer have bugs, Sylvester, foghorn, daffy, or the Tasmanian devil.
With that said and possibly side tracking this thread....what would you consider minimum cartridge for a stopping gun?
If a creed won't do it, a double barrel creed definitely will.
I would invite lovers and haters alike to read this article. Some may gain more respect for the Creedmoor and some may not.
After the muzzle, it's just a projo traveling at a given decreasing velocity. The cartridge doesn't creat the dissent, the wokester pushers do.

Freel IS the guide. And nah- the dude is a recluse that lives in central AK.

Obviously those are different killing methods- the point is simply that any medium sized cartridge delivering +2k ftlbs of KE at velocities +2.5k fps is going to induce some significant hydrostatic shock that an arrow won't. If you've gotta hunt a griz and your only tools at hand are a Creed and a recurve- are you grabbing the recurve?
The bow point was simply to illustrate that the guy is not an ignorant novice just grabbing some trendy cartridge and stretching it beyond its means. He's among the most accomplished big game hunters and has the receipts. He'll add this one to the list.

Guide guns are intended as self defense weapons of last resort, not hunting rifles. It's not like AK guides are using .375H&H as their preferred personal hunting rifle.
Better watch that again he didn't use a recurve he used a compound looks like a Mathews solo cam and he had back up with I will bet was not a needmoor. Bear was very relaxed for having a human that close

At the end of the day a cartridge is just a platform to launch a bullet. Once that bullet leaves the barrel it's irrelevant. So if you think the 6.5 swede or the 260 is good but hate on the creedmoor. Then that's just bias on your point because ballistically they are what for what. Maybe it's some deep seated insecurity about your masculinity. 😆
Exactly , so why did we NEED the CREED .

Jack O Connor, English teacher, turned Gun Writer, killed 17 of his 21 Elk with a 270 Winchester and more than a few Western 139gr bullets. The 6.5 Creedmore can easily match that 270 Win load with equal energy and with a bullet that's only .013 less in diameter. Only guy at Outdoor Life, gave Jack the needle back then, was ol Elmer Keith, but it made for some good stories, the back N forth.

Why do we need virtually any cartridge developed after 1910?
Launch pad improvements.
It's been said dozens (thousands?) of times: there was a massive underserved market for a factory short action cartridge that could deliver heavy-for-caliber, high BC bullets.

What has need got to do with it? We had a 30/06 did we need anything else? Who needed a 7 mag or 7mm08. We had a 7x 57 mauser. But to answer your question because it is a modern 6.5 with a better case design and a better twist rate. Who needs a 7 prc when you have a 7 mag. Or a 300 prc with a 300 win mag. Same thing. Just enjoy the fact that this is America and the free market is hard at work giving people options. Ultimately that market will decide winners and losers. Ps the market says the creed is here to stay.

They should have stopped all R&D on any ammunition produced after the 50 bmg. Who needs a 300 win mag or 300 norma not me I have it covered with Ole 50! Coyote all the way upto a armored vehicle. Oh yeah and if you are a real man you don't need a brake!

Just enjoy the fact that this is America and the free market is hard at work giving people options.
Yep. Options like skinny jeans and rainbow colored bud light.
Ultimately that market will decide winners and losers.
Survival will decide the winners.

Ya know……long range is serious bizness. We gotta have some RnR fun time, I hope every realizes that this thread is it.

With that said and possibly side tracking this thread....what would you consider minimum cartridge for a stopping gun?

It depends upon what I'm stopping! 😉

If Alaska….probably the .375 H&H or 375 Ruger would be the minimum, though something in a .416 or a .458 would be good stopping cartridge.

If Africa….one of the .416's would be a decent minimum, better yet, one of the .458's or even larger provided they are available in a high sectional density bullet. Some of the big stuff doesn't offer great penetration due to poor sectional density! JMO…..remember, you asked! 😁 memtb

Status
Not open for further replies.