6.5 Creedmoor Small Primer for Hunting

That's a bugger.
I have never had a problem with Lapua srp using cci 400's.
And good accuracy
After putting 3 in the same hole I had to hold a smidgen high just to make sure that is what was happening. :)
This was my first five rounds with this recipe when I developed this load

Attachments

• 20200509_151220~3.jpg
    20200509_151220~3.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 35
I'm using CCI 450 primers in Lapua SRP brass in my Creed. I have no problem keeping groups below 1/2moa at 400yds. The rifle is a pleasure to shoot compared to all the heavier stuff that I regularly shoot.

That's a bugger.
I have never had a problem with Lapua srp using cci 400's.
And good accuracy
After putting 3 in the same hole I had to hold a smidgen high just to make sure that is what was happening. :)
This was my first five rounds with this recipe when I developed this load
what powder did you use?

Well, small primers did not work out. In testing both a 120 grain Sierra SP and a 129 ABLR with H4350, I got blown primers in the same spot during ladder testing about 1 grain below max. I got excellent results with the LRP and the 120 Sierra. So, I will set those cases back for an emergency.
That's extremely odd. But if you have a REM 700 action and standard firing pin diameter it's possible. I sent my wife's 6.5x47 Lapua off to LRI and had the pin bushed and smaller diameter pin installed and I get zero primer flow now.

Also Alpha brass uses small primers but keeps the larger flash hole diameter.

I use CCI450's & CCI 41's in SRP 6CM & 6.5 CM with extruded powders like H4350.

For ball powders I like Rem 7 1/2's

This attachment might be of interest -

Table 1 gives info - Rem 7 1/2's are real sparky - don't let stuff like kPA (kilo Pascals- unit of pressure - Pascal is 1 newton per 1 square meter) deter you from reading this. Newton is force needed to accelerate/move 1 kg mass 1 meter per second per second

My 6.5CM & 6CM run on a steady diet of Staball 6.5 & Rem 7 1/2's. The 6.5CM with max loads of R-S Hunter & 120's at 3,000 fps, approaches the famous .270 Win for practical results, like dead deers. Dependable results at temps under 30 F.

6.5 CM ammo having CCI 41's & RS Hunter exhibited wide swings of velocity and printed double groups at 300, like two 4-7 shot groups 4-5 inches apart at 300. Not to be used, especially in cold temps.

Extruded powders are no longer made in the USA - read about horrific explosions that devastated multi acres & busted windows 1/2 mile away when 10 or more tons of powder ignited during drying stage (solvents). WWI - machine gun & other stuff use - death & destruction ending with Spanish flu taking 1/2 mil more lives worldwide. A visit to the abandoned, sad, & desolate Belmont town cemetery in Montana has many graves of Spanish flu victims. One grave marks the life of a USN sailor who was "lost at sea" during the WWII battle of Okinawa. My grandparents were immigrants from France and served a strong woman who volunteered as a WWI battle field nurse then cared for Spanish flu patents, as a little kid I got to hear about this stuff - entire villages wiped out by artillery fire, then chem agents.

Only ball powders are made in the USA - part of the manufacturing process is done underwater. Rifle ball powders have heavy deterrent coatings and need sparky primers like the Rem 7 1/2 (2303 kPA). Very fyne accuracy might be obtained with CCI450's & H4350 (Australia)