6.5 Creed replace the .308 for hunting?

The 6.5CM indeed has been getting its fanfare that's for sure. I have had 223, 270's, 300WM's, 308's, 7mmRM, 50BMG's, 6.5 PRC's, and all have been awesome guns but the 6.5CM has been hands down the easiest rifle I have ever loaded for and the most accurate rifle I have ever shot. I have bought so may powders, bullets, and farted around trying to find that perfect load with all the other calibers. The CM I had figured out in a few days and it is stupidly accurate. If I can get a cloverleaf at 200 yds in that short of time, I am a believer. In reality you don't even to reload as the factory Hornandy's hunting rounds are pretty much as accurate. It's not a marketing hype as many non-believers seem to state. The haters out there , I am noticing do not seem to be owners at any time which makes it laughable. It may be the latest and likely the most ever talked about but it is by far the best cartridge to come onto the market in a while IMHO. I would take the CM any day over the 308. That doesn't change the fact the 308 is also an awesome round, just more of a pain of an *** to get the load sorted initially and factory Ammo is not near as accurate I have found.
The cross sectional density of the 143 gr ELDX seems to lend itself for better penetration as well. As they say " the Europeans have been hunting with the Swede for a long time " so I'm going with it's enough of a gun. As long as you are not shooting at 600 yds.

Going moose hunting with it in an AR in Grizzly territory and having that round in a semi will bring comfort. Yeah it's not a 300WM in a bolt, but I would rather have the CM in a semi than a 300WM in a bolt when a grizzly coming in at me.

The furry critters told me that the 6.5 and 308 are evenly matched at 35 feet. Ha...

I don't see my self switching over since its more about the shooter then the cartridge...

My next 308 Creedmoor project is soon to get underway,,, hopefully everyone switches over so I'll end up with a collectors item. LOL

Showing morality, compassion, and empathy towards taking the life of any animal you plan on using for your own sustenance, is not a "christian or jew thing". The jews are a bit weird about it, but their culture is very odd anyway... That being said, it has nothing to do with religion at all. We should ALL strive to give the animal as quick and humane a kill as we possibly can. As a matter of fact, most all polytheistic cultures also celebrate animals for their gift of life, that we end, to feed us and our families, as well. Native Americans, Saxons, Celts, Angles, Incas, Mayans, Buddhists, Hindus, etc... It's about respecting nature and the animal itself.

Have respect for the animals you kill. Taking pot-shots at animals and taking shots in questionable situations & environs should not happen. If you're not 200% sure you can make the shot and see your target, don't take it.

Ditto!! "If you're not 200% sure you can make the shot and see your target, don't take it." And.......even with all that, sometimes we still don't make the shot that we thought we had! That I've done myself. We do the best we can when hunting, it is not a "sterile" environment we hunt in. We do the best we can with it. Good reply Mud!!!

my factory Remington 700 sps in .260 came with a 1x8 twist and 24" barrel.

Attachments

• DSCN1681 (2).JPG
    DSCN1681 (2).JPG
    469.3 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.