6-5-300wby

Barrel life is about 400 rounds, maybe 600 if you baby it. So make sure you don't really mess around with too many combinations. I like H1000 because it's very temp stable, I like a bonded or a mono bullet. 127lrx, Accubond, or partition for hunting.

Midway has new brass also think Peterson ran some not too long ago so you might be able to find some of theirs. The necking down of 300bee brass might work but it depends on the reamer and brass used.

I'm really curious to know how you determine that a barrel's life is over. Is it when there's a certain accuracy requirement that it used to realize and no longer can? Is it when the throat looks eroded to a certain predetermined degree? I know it's an extreme overbore cartridge. I also know there are many folks using 6.5x300, 26 nos, 7 RUM, .30-378 etc for WAAAAAY more than 400 rounds who are happy with the field results.

I recall reading in a hornady load manual back in 2012 how they did observe severe firecracking and erosion of the leade in a .30-378 after a mere 300 rounds, and I beleive it. But the rifle they were testing with still kept shooting well, against expectation. That's why I'm asking here, do you determine no matter what that a barrel has reached the end of its life just based on how overbore the cartridge is and how many rounds you've fired or is it actually based on a notable loss of accuracy performance?

I go by the target. Time for a new barrel when accuracy falls off and there is no other reasonable explanation such as a carbon ring, loose scope rings, etc. My 6.5-300 has 303 rounds on it. Since I've run most of those rounds at or near top end, I'm not expecting it to last more than 500 rounds. However, with load development done, it's primary role will be hunting and as such will probably never see 500 rounds in my lifetime.

I know a guy well that I've seen do the same with that brass.
Said individual also told me He was getting 3800fps with the gun builders ammo, using some kind of 140gr. I tried to explain he wasn't getting near that. No use.

After about 10-12 shots I helped him zero his scope at 100, he wasn't getting anything accomplished. But that barrel was about to glow.

When you don't know, please ask or listen when someone concerned and knowledgable is available. Makes it hurt less to watch!
I know that guy. He also claims he's getting 3600 fps from his 7 STW with 160 grain bullets. I've offered many times to chronograph his load, but he always seems to be too busy to go to the range.