3D Printing a Better Ammo Box

How much does it cost to make one insert for a box. If you do one in a 6.5 creedmoor- 123gr sst.-143 gr. eldx and a 147 gr match. let me know how to get that download from you . if the cost for you to make one is 9 dollars each that I may purchase from you one of each at 12 dollars each plus shipping. what do you think pm me.

Last edited:
you need to find out how much electricity your unit uses in that 40 hours of run time plus material cost plus a small profit to decide if it's worth future investment on a long term basis. jut a thought

you need to find out how much electricity your unit uses in that 40 hours of run time plus material cost plus a small profit to decide if it's worth future investment on a long term basis. jut a thought
so i guess you didnt notice that i am not the OP
The OP put his design on thingiverse and it is free to use.
Yes one would need to figure all that out but I am not one to take someones free design and make a profit on it. i made one for myself and thought id share my experiece since this thread was bumped. and the OP last logged in over a month ago.

The OP posted this 17 months ago, then ghosted. Probably got a ton of pm’s from interested folks. To remedy the problem he is fixing, I put the cartridges in the box “bullet up” and a layer of soft foam on top to keep the bullets from wiggling around in transit.

Attachments

• IMG_4877.jpeg
    IMG_4877.jpeg
    309.6 KB · Views: 21
I’m a CAD nerd and this is awesome. Might mess around with SolidWorks and do one for 280AI similar to this. Might even make a box from scratch

I’m a CAD nerd and this is awesome. Might mess around with SolidWorks and do one for 280AI similar to this. Might even make a box from scratch
i wish i could do that but i get frustrated and just quit.
just from experience printing stuff, this seems over engineered. would be curious if you can cut down the print time on your 280 design.

i wish i could do that but i get frustrated and just quit.
just from experience printing stuff, this seems over engineered. would be curious if you can cut down the print time on your 280 design.
40 hours seems pretty long. I bet I could cut it down to at most 20, printer dependent.