375 rum

klemm

I am wanting to run a 375 RUM barrel on my Remington 700. I would like to run the 375 Woodleigh VLD bullet(or something similar) It is 353 gr with a BC of 1.023. Is this do able.
Will I have enough case Capacity to run this heavy of a bullet.

I thought about spinning up a .375 RUM barrel to complement my .300 and .338. Then load up some of the Sledge Hammer bullets.

I don't think you will have any trouble with the 300 to 350 class bullets loading them to mag length. as the bullet weight goes up the powder volume goes down. With a case capacity of 105 grains max. and some loads requiring only 90 grains there will be plenty of room for powder loaded to mag length. the 375 rum has .175 thousandths of free bore and this is needed to hold pressures reasonable for hot loads.

I would use the sierra or Nosler Accubond's with the tangent ojive.

J E CUSTOM

I shoot the 375 RUM with the 350 SMK. Extremely accurate and exceptional on game. My velocity is a 2600. I am changing things up a bit. I'm going to try the 270 TSX bullet which I have heard from several that this bullet turns the 375 rum into a death ray. The second is a offering from Hammer. The 375 rum is such a versatile weapon capturing all what's good in the RUM family. It is one of my favorite rifles.

And don't forget AA5744 for low recoil practice loads!!

Just finished popping 10 rounds in my 7.8# Rem 700.... no brake. Sweet shooting!

6CEA3ED0-505E-4F8D-839C-AC5AFAB9AFE7.jpeg
My 375 rum with a 22 inch barrel
Love those Hammer bullets

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.