• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

308 ammo for kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you guys are not opposed to hunt with 168 SMKs I have FGMM 168s I can send. Not a lot, just 90 rounds.

Since I have never shipped ammo, I don't know if UPS accepts these. I threw away the factory boxes

View attachment 270255

Let me know.
I've sent loaded ammunition many times through UPS, you'll need to find a customer care center it is like a hub for UPS. Box it securely and you need a limited quantities label

If you guys are not opposed to hunt with 168 SMKs I have FGMM 168s I can send. Not a lot, just 90 rounds.

Since I have never shipped ammo, I don't know if UPS accepts these. I threw away the factory boxes

View attachment 270255

Let me know.

Shipping Ammunition: UPS - United States

UPS accepts for transportation such ammunition as constitutes 'cartridges, small arms,' as defined in 49 C.F.R. § 173.59.
https://www.ups.com/us/en/help-cent.../hazardous-materials/shipping-ammunition.page
Click on the link above.
Just package in a good carboard box and put this labe on it. You can take to any ups store. If you go to the UPS web site and make & print out your oun shipping label and pay for shipping on the site. Use the pre package size by square inches under 50lbs. for best shipping rate. if you want me to walk you through the shippg process just PM me. Thanks Len & Jill

Attachments

• AMMO for UPS Shipping.jpg
    AMMO for UPS Shipping.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 21
Click on the link above.
Just package in a good carboard box and put this labe on it. You can take to any ups store. If you go to the UPS web site and make & print out your oun shipping label and pay for shipping on the site. Use the pre package size by square inches under 50lbs. for best shipping rate. if you want me to walk you through the shippg process just PM me. Thanks Len & Jill

Thank you, we'll see if the OP and his buddy will take the 168s FGMM for hunting.

Thanks fellas! I should have posted that I'd rather get him a bullet that will hold together a little such as a partition, game king, interbond, accubonds and so on. His shots will be under 150 yards. I'm waiting to hear what Len & Jill have lined up on first though as they have PM'd me last night. Thanks again

Thanks fellas! I should have posted that I'd rather get him a bullet that will hold together a little such as a partition, game king, interbond, accubonds and so on. His shots will be under 150 yards. I'm waiting to hear what Len & Jill have lined up on first though as they have PM'd me last night. Thanks again
If you don't get it squared away I have 4 boxes of Hornady 150gr hunting ammo I'll try to send through ups, free of charge. Let me know.

I just got off the phone with "Coyote Shadow Tracker" (Len&Jill). He's going to be the point contact on the ammo. Please PM him and he'll take care of everything. He's got the shipping info that's needed on both how to and where to ship it.
RTSJ and myself can't express how much we appreciate you all doing this for the boys. We deeply thank each and everyone of you.

Last edited:
Click on the link above.
Not just any UPS store as they are owned independently I have a mailbox at a UPS store and they will not ship live ammo that's why I must use a customer care center

Good day all! We want to express our thanks for the generosity from the members of LRH. If you read the entire post we are trying to some ammo, to provide, to these young men for a hunting trip. First of all, this is not a "Charity" case. I saw that these young men needed some 308 ammo, which is scarce, for a hunting trip. We thought that many of us might have a box or two sitting around and it would be great to donate the ammo so these young hunters would have extra ammo for target practice. We need our youth in this country to keep up our sport of hunting & shooting. From this point on please PM me if you want to donate ammo or funds. I will have instructions on how to ship through UPS for the ammo and how to send funds to PayPal. We are personally purchasing 308 ammo to send and the original intent for receiving funds was to send to members that donated ammo, but with the responses from members donating ammo we thought that the funds donated could be better spent if we sent the funds to the young men to get any extra hunting equipment. We will keep a detailed list of ammo and funds donated and will post after the collection ends.

Jeff and Roy that are involved with these young men's trip along with Jill and I thank everyone for the generosity and kind thoughts. There are a lot of good people on this site. Just remember to "Pay it Forward" what you give will always come back to you. We would like to have all the donations sent by May 8, 2021 if not sooner so they could start preparing for the upcoming trip. This trip will take place in October out West and when the trip is completed LRH will be sent details and hopefully pictures of some nice trophies.

Thank everyone again for all your support and GOD Bless!

Attachments

• 1619380275191.png
    1619380275191.png
    67.1 KB · Views: 103
Lets get the facts straight for shipping ammo. You can ship loaded ammo through UPS as long as you put a shippinp lable on the package. It does NOT COST any more for shipping. Now I may have mis spoken on Hawaii for shipping. I lived there for 10 years 24 years ago and thing have changed,
These are the guidelines for shipping ammo in the US through UPS. It is a long reg so I put the link.

Shipping Ammunition: UPS - United States

UPS accepts for transportation such ammunition as constitutes 'cartridges, small arms,' as defined in 49 C.F.R. § 173.59.
https://www.ups.com/us/en/help-cent.../hazardous-materials/shipping-ammunition.page
Well, you can't. You are flat out wrong. You have to use a customer care center, or whatever they call them. Maybe the one closest to you is that type of center, but for most rural towns, we don't have those. I ship ammo through ups on a weekly basis, and have to drive an hour to get to the location that will ship it. I drive past 2 of them that cannot. They cannot ship firearms either. The guy who own my local ups store has an ffl and runs a range, and he can't ship ammo or firearms. We've discussed it many times. What 338 dude said is absolutely correct. You do have to attach the label that you showed, but not all ups locations can ship ammo.

Status
Not open for further replies.