300wm xbolt help

J Ridge I don't know if you have been able to find and fix the problems with your Browning Xbolt but I thought that i would offer a suggestion.
SEND IT BACK TO BROWNING! Call Browning and tell them about your problems and they should give you an authorization to send it back to them and they will check the gun out.

Why do i know this? Two years ago I bought a new Xbolt in 6.8 Western. It would not shoot. 2.5 to 3 inch 3 shots at 100 were the norm. I did the thing many are suggesting you do. Change the scope shoot hand loads not only factory loads etc. It still would not shoot. I called Browning and told them what I had done and they said send it back. So I did along with targets that I had shot with the gun and targets that I had shot with one of my other guns on the same day.

A few weeks went by and I got a call from my local dealer. My gun was back! But it was not my gun but a new gun that Browning sent me to replace the gun that would not shoot. The new gun is not perfect but it shoots much better.

Every X-Bolt I have and have shot have been good to great, good being minute shooters and great being half minute shooters. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat.