300RUM 230 Berger ladder test

Thanks for the tip...Also think for posting the info on the 230 berger. Its what got me going on the 230's. I was trying the 210 but they were a lot more finicky. With this load on the paper it should out preform the 210VLD's at which I had shooting at 3050fps. Now I just need to take it out to some distance like 1k.gun)

I do have one question to all the posters....How may time does everyone reload your brass on the 300RUM. I think I was on my 6th or 7th reload and had a case separate just slightly. It left a little black mark about 1/2 the way around the case and was tough getting out. First time that happen. So it looks like about 5 time I think may be max on these high pressure cases. Some of the other showed a line around the bottom of the cases. They are probably getting thin as well. Now I have to find me some new brass.:rolleyes:

No problem! Let us know how it goes once you stretch it out...

I'm only on the third firing with my brass but I'm assuming around 5 times and then it will be done....

But maybe it will last longer...who knows!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.