300 Win Mag ELD-X load testing?

For real ! I spend my time on load development and at the range not calling Lupua and asking them when the heck they might make a 300 win-Mag cases. And the reason back when they stopped making 300 Win-Mag cases is because their primer pockets were always blowing open on heavier bullets and loads, the brass is just to soft. Now that they are making it I still won't use them as Hornaday brass is much harder and can handle the job at task. Even Nosler brass is to soft and the primer pockets are always blowing out. That's just simply a FACT.
I called and wrote then off and on for 3-4 years and always got the same answer, that they weren't planning to resume production.

The 300PRC would probably have a lot less popularity if they'd just kept producing it.

I've never seen any evidence at all to suggest Hornady Brass is in any way superior to Lapua brass. All the evidence I've ever seen shows just the opposite.

That's why I have 600rds of Lapua .260 Rem Brass instead of the much cheaper Hornady Brass.

Across their entire production line the number one complaint about Hornady brass is that it is too soft and the primer pockets go very quickly, usually within 2-4 loadings.

I called and wrote then off and on for 3-4 years and always got the same answer, that they weren't planning to resume production.

The 300PRC would probably have a lot less popularity if they'd just kept producing it.

I've never seen any evidence at all to suggest Hornady Brass is in any way superior to Lapua brass. All the evidence I've ever seen shows just the opposite.

That's why I have 600rds of Lapua .260 Rem Brass instead of the much cheaper Hornady Brass.

Across their entire production line the number one complaint about Hornady brass is that it is too soft and the primer pockets go very quickly, usually within 2-4 loadings.
I see your point. I do use Lapua brass and Nosler brass when I can in other calibers that I shoot just not on my 300 Win-Mag. Hornaday brass is by far a harder brass and a softer brass is easier to configure in dies and is a much better choice in most cases especially for the guy that doesn't want to get into weight sorting, neck turning, annealing. Once I work over my Hornaday brass like a true hand loader does I have to admit it works very well for me when I get it done the way I like it.. My load works so good I just roll with what my rifle likes not always what I read or am told to do. When I read the wind rite and I'm on my game shooting I do have a nice group at 1000- yards and have taken a lot of game at long range over the years. And thanks to all of your positive and negative input.

Went out with my Bergara LRT today after a not happy load experience last week,Had been using 87.0 gr. of RamShot LRT and the 220 Hornady ELD X in my .300 Win, Used fed. 215 Mag. Match primers,Remington brass and started my overall cart.length of 3.524 and went to 3.580 started with a load of 74.5 R26 / 220ELD X at 3.524 at Av 2982 .578 3 shot group,Then shot 87.0 LRT with a O/L of 3.533 3 shot group .500 at 2968 S.D. was 9.26,then shot LRT 87.0 grs /220 ELD X3.579 ,was 2922 with a 5.47 S.D and a group of 1.275 which was about what the long seated load was last week about 3/100 off lands ,I like the r26 load but can not find powder and lots of LRT here in Wisconsin @ $32.95 a # so will use it ,it was 21 degrees out when shooting,no pressure at all with all loads,1 filger bolt lift and extraction,will see what it does as it warms into the mid 50's to 60 out, Pete

I did. Winchester brass, 79g H1000, Fed 215 primer, 200g ELD-X C.O.A.L of 3.55" 2970+/- fps
This is the most accurate rifle load I've ever shot.
This is the same load I just put together for my 300 Win Mag. except I have Hornady brass. I still have to play with seating depth, but so far at .6" at 100 yards with five rounds.

Thanks for replying, I'll work some up and see how it does for my barrel👍
This is the same load I just put together for my 300 Win Mag. except I have Hornady brass. I still have to play with seating depth, but so far at .6" at 100 yards with five rounds.
I send mine downrange with quite a bit of jump. Chamber is 3.62" C.O.A.L length is 3.50"
That was where I started and I just stayed with it.

212eldx 79.5 gr retumbo cci 250 primer lapua brass 2975 fps no suppressor 2995 with banish 30 gold 3.359 coal out of a stock Bergara b14 hmr been shooting .6 pretty regularly prints about 1.5" of vertical at 700 holding 3.5" groups. I think it was 11es and sd around 5.xx on a 5 shot string last spring. Have an h1000 load that shot similar groups but a little slower velocity around 2965 with 77.5 gr.

Honestly, it's been a few years since I had that rifle, I don't remember what I started or ended with, but they never shot as well as the Bergers or the Barnes. I ended up hunting mostly with Barnes. I'm shooting a 7 RM now (Hammer and Barnes).