300 Win Mag ELD-X load testing?

I guess for once I'm just lucky with the Hornaday brass. Lapua does not make 300 Wim-Mag brass. Nosler does but it's just to soft for a 300 Win-Mag when your pushing bullet grains over 200 and speeds over 2850 ps. My load for my 300 Savage Long Range Hunter is 79.5-G of Retumbo 215-M primer and a Hornaday 212-ELDX @ 2960 fps with a standard deviation in the single digits for me I can shoot hole in hole @ 100-yards and a very small 1/4 clover leaf at 200-y. I don't always push a heavy bullet that fast but my rifle just likes that load. In the other calibers that I shoot I do like to use Nosler or Lapua when I can its much softer brass and you have do do less work on them right out of the box. I do neck turn and weight sort my all of my brass................Their is another good thread you read on this site about primer pockets expanding .
You know you're right. I'd forgotten they ceased producing 300wm bras five or six years back, that does limit your choices a bit.

Yep 1:10. The 200AB shot great with 72.5 gr RL22 and the 196HH was a laser with RL26. The ladder for the 196HH is in the HH load sheet. I settled in at 3150 fps! Like ALL loads, work up your load with standard safe loading practices.

I just don"t think my 1:10 tw was able to stabilize? the 200 ELDX. Interesting how when 200ELDX first came out the boxes stated min 1:9tw. I think the bullet might be on razors edge to shoot well in some 1:10 twist rifles. Then again, maybe just an old rifle didn't like them. That happens too.

Muddy,
Thanks for the info, I'll have to take a look at the 196 HH, I've been using the 181HH with good success.
I made some loads with the 200 AB, just didn't take the time to refine them, because I switched to the 181HH. Have used the 196 on any animals?

Not yet since I wanted to use the .270Win (Thors Hammer) and the 156HH which I killed the biggest buck to date at 161+. The 156HH performed perfectly! 240yd fast walking shot, lungs were goop and nice pass through hole so blood trail Stevie Wonder could follow. I hope to use the 196 this year on elk.

Not yet since I wanted to use the .270Win (Thors Hammer) and the 156HH which I killed the biggest buck to date at 161+. The 156HH performed perfectly! 240yd fast walking shot, lungs were goop and nice pass through hole so blood trail Stevie Wonder could follow. I hope to use the 196 this year on elk.
You must have a 1-8 twist in your 270, I'm limited with 1-10.

Muddy,
Thanks for the info, I'll have to take a look at the 196 HH, I've been using the 181HH with good success.
I made some loads with the 200 AB, just didn't take the time to refine them, because I switched to the 181HH. Have used the 196 on any animals?
I went to the Hammer site and was surprised to see the 196 HH will work in a 1-10. I may have to try those in my 300WM Sendero.

I went to the Hammer site and was surprised to see the 196 HH will work in a 1-10. I may have to try those in my 300WM Sendero.
Yes,
I just checked also, looks like I'll be ordering some. I have a good load with the 181HH, but the 196HH gives some more options for the 300 wm.

Yes,
I just checked also, looks like I'll be ordering some. I have a good load with the 181HH, but the 196HH gives some more options for the 300 wm.
I'd say go light and stupid fast if using a mono but that's just me. Save the heavyweights for frangible lead cores that shine with such loadings.

My two well proven 300 Winnie loads so far are a 120 tac tx at 4050 fps and a 225 eld m at 2760. Both kick some serious…well you know…

Well yes, a post on the next page after the one I replied to. I guess they recently started running it again. Conversation is how we learn things.
For real ! I spend my time on load development and at the range not calling Lupua and asking them when the heck they might make a 300 win-Mag cases. And the reason back when they stopped making 300 Win-Mag cases is because their primer pockets were always blowing open on heavier bullets and loads, the brass is just to soft. Now that they are making it I still won't use them as Hornaday brass is much harder and can handle the job at task. Even Nosler brass is to soft and the primer pockets are always blowing out. That's just simply a FACT.

For real ! I spend my time on load development and at the range not calling Lupua and asking them when the heck they might make a 300 win-Mag cases. And the reason back when they stopped making 300 Win-Mag cases is because their primer pockets were always blowing open on heavier bullets and loads, the brass is just to soft. Now that they are making it I still won't use them as Hornaday brass is much harder and can handle the job at task. Even Nosler brass is to soft and the primer pockets are always blowing out. That's just simply a FACT.
Sure, sure….remind me to never get near any of your handloads that routinely blow primers out of that "soft lapua brass" 🤣🤣🤣🤣, but seriously stay safe!