300 RUM Brass

I appreciate all the input.

When I bought my rifle I didn't rush out to find brass because it and loaded ammo were relatively easy to find. Now, it's like looking for hen's teeth. I have plenty bullets and powder. I guess I may have to resort to "dumpster diving" at our local range to try to find some brass.

I am thinking about trying the 178 A-max to see how it shoots. The 168 A-max works great in my AR-10 and it drops everything it hits right where it stands...even hogs.

Hornady has started making 300 RUM brass ($79 for 20 pieces). They said if it sells they may consider making 338 RUM brass. At least that is what they said in a response email to my request about brass.

Also my email from Remington requesting/asking about 338 RUM, well they basically said screw off and gave no info on future making of the brass.

Quality Cartridge also makes RUM brass. I have bought brass from them for my 350 Griffin & Howe and is seems to be good brass.

I also know Defensive Edge had some 338 edge brass or can acquire it. It's supposed to be high quality brass like Lapua brass. It does cost a lot but it can be necked down to 30 CAL. Its the Bertrum stuff. (Man I wish I had one of those 338 terminators :rolleyes:). That may be another rout for somehigh quality brass. I also just seen a couple of boxes of the 338 RUM in cabelas just this last week here in Utah for those that shoot the 338 RUM. But for me when the barrels is gone it going to be 28 nos I think. Also I may just get me a go old tied and true 7mm Rem mag or a 300 win mag. Then for a large long range move up to a 338 improved.

Hornady has started making 300 RUM brass ($79 for 20 pieces). They said if it sells they may consider making 338 RUM brass. At least that is what they said in a response email to my request about brass.

Hornady has started making 300 RUM brass ($79 for 20 pieces). OMG, ***, what are these companies thinking... for as I recall Hornady brass was just ok nothing special and usually soft. You might as well buy loaded Nosler ammo for that price and come out ahead.

This sums up the availability of 300 RUM brass:

Search results for '300 ultra mag brass'

Your search returns no results.

none at:

midway
midsouth
natchez
brownells
graf and sons
precision reloading
butch's
powder valley
bullets.com
gunstop
3rd generation shooting supply
10 ring
widners
bass pro
cabelas

I GIVE UP!!!!!

Didn't I see a post awhile back that some supplier had contracted with Federal to produce a bunch of 300 RUM cases. I thought they were a little pricey and you had to buy quite a few of them.

Remember thinking when I bought 5 bags of Remington 300 RUM brass about 10 - 12 years ago that I was never gonna use them all. Now I'm down to two bags and the rest are several times fired. Glad I stocked up...

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts