30 nosler velocity

I prefer the highest possible velocity the cartridge is capable of with the bullets I'm working with, coupled with accuracy .... Just need to find the right powder & bullet combo to pull it off

I can't accept 150-200 fps slower velocity in any given cartridge because it's accurate, might as well be shooting a lower tiered cartridge on the power scale

Make it run like it's supposed to

I prefer the highest possible velocity the cartridge is capable of with the bullets I'm working with, coupled with accuracy .... Just need to find the right powder & bullet combo to pull it off

I can't accept 150-200 fps slower velocity in any given cartridge because it's accurate, might as well be shooting a lower tiered cartridge on the power scale

100% correct

run em like stole em!! barrels are cheap but horsepower aint!

100% correct
Well

So you would sacrifice accuracy for velocity, if no matter what you tried in terms of powder/bullet/seating depth etc. resulted in the most accurate load being 150-200 fps slower?

Well

So you would sacrifice accuracy for velocity, if no matter what you tried in terms of powder/bullet/seating depth etc. resulted in the most accurate load being 150-200 fps slower?
Somethings not right if your that far off.

Operator error is the only explanation .....

I've never had problems finding accuracy at top velocities, not thrilled in 300 Win Mag vel when I'm packing a 300 RUM

or 30-06 vel when packing 300 Win etc,, etc

Or there's a rifle problem.
When you dont load it untill you start to see pressure you have no idea what the rifles capable of.

I think it's hilarious that pretty much everybody will concur that it is better to have an accurate load that is 150-200 fps below the capability of a specific cartridge, but freak out and can't understand when someone puts a shorter barrel on a magnum cartridge, essentially cutting 150 fps off the 26" potential of the cartridge lol

Anyway, just a comical general observation, not pointed at any specific person. Carry on with the regularly scheduled programming!
I totally agree with Cody. If I had a 30 Nosler barreled and couldn't get max velocity and my accuracy I'd take it off and make a concrete form stake out it. I have a saami chambered 30N and I shoot 215's north of 3,100 into little bitty groups, 300WM shooting 215's 3,020' into little bitty groups. Chamber it with the correct freebore and your good. Dallas knows more about 30N's than 99% on here. I just don't accept accuracy over velocity. I want both. And darn if I'm gonna get a rifle that's suppose to have 150 fps over its predessor and won't achieve a velocity that is acceptable for the caliber. No sir.

So what if I burn a barrel up in 400 shots. Steel is harvested everyday!!!

It's like heck I bought a Ferrari and it only goes 55 mph. BS

Last edited:

Recent Posts