30 Nosler Shorter (22in) barrel load data

Jordanv1

Does anyone have load data for a 22inch 30 nosler?

I am in process of building one with 200-220 freebore. Thanks!

I think you need a little more info than that.
Maybe state what powders you have available and your intended bullet and I'm sure some one may be able to help you out.
If not refer to noslers load data on there site just don't expect the same velocity as a 26 "

Search for the thread below. I'm apparently not smart enough to add the direct link.

my-perfect-wyoming-mountain-rifle-build-thread.289880/

Based upon my research, there are nodes around 83 and 85 of h1000 with the .22x freebore with 215's.

Mine is a 22" proof light .225 freebore and I'm in the lower node pushing a 215 hybrid 2900fps. It shot so well down there I've not even looked into the upper node, I don't suspect there's much that could shake a 215 at that speed.

My hunting partner did a 300prc and he's doing the same with 1.6 grains less powder and a saami chamber.

Based upon my research, there are nodes around 83 and 85 of h1000 with the .22x freebore with 215's.

Mine is a 22" proof light .225 freebore and I'm in the lower node pushing a 215 hybrid 2900fps. It shot so well down there I've not even looked into the upper node, I don't suspect there's much that could shake a 215 at that speed.

My hunting partner did a 300prc and he's doing the same with 1.6 grains less powder and a saami chamber.
This is exactly what I was looking for. Hoping to be 2900 so great to hear.

I have 570 retumbo h1000 rl26 - just wasn't sure if the slower burning was as good due to shorter barrel. Will be shooting 215s for now

I probably should clarify my prc statement above, he's obviously closer to max than I am with the Nosler.

I still have less than 100 rounds on it and a Nilgai hunt at the end of the month, I'm not a big gun fan and this rifle was built specifically for this hunt.

I was heavily involved in the tuning of them both and did some of the shooting even on the prc. I shot initial ladders with both rifles right out of the gate with n570 because that was what we both wanted to shoot. We didn't have the charges high enough but came home and I cleaned my rifle with full intentions to loading hotter and going back. The rifle was nasty dirty and I realized right then I wasn't moving forward with n570. Called my buddy and asked him about dirtiness and he called back agreeing. We shot our next loads with h1000 and have never looked back.

No reason you shouldn't be able to reach 2900 with a 22" barrel. If I do another one, it'll have a 20" barrel. My recommendation, start at 82.2 and run up past 85 and you'll run into something.

Good luck!

I probably should clarify my prc statement above, he's obviously closer to max than I am with the Nosler.

I still have less than 100 rounds on it and a Nilgai hunt at the end of the month, I'm not a big gun fan and this rifle was built specifically for this hunt.

I was heavily involved in the tuning of them both and did some of the shooting even on the prc. I shot initial ladders with both rifles right out of the gate with n570 because that was what we both wanted to shoot. We didn't have the charges high enough but came home and I cleaned my rifle with full intentions to loading hotter and going back. The rifle was nasty dirty and I realized right then I wasn't moving forward with n570. Called my buddy and asked him about dirtiness and he called back agreeing. We shot our next loads with h1000 and have never looked back.

No reason you shouldn't be able to reach 2900 with a 22" barrel. If I do another one, it'll have a 20" barrel. My recommendation, start at 82.2 and run up past 85 and you'll run into something.

Good luck!

Once the gun is done I will let you know what I find.

gun is a lone peak razor manner lrh mini chassis benchmark carbon barrel 1:8.5 sendero trigger tech and a 4-32 NX8

IMG_9590.jpeg

Reviving this thread. Just picked up the gun and it is ready to go. Will report back with my findings. I will use h1000 and n570 to test with the 215 Berger.

I had a 30 nosler with a 22" barrel for a short time. Here's some info with n570 from the smith and retumbo from me. 215 hybrid with 85 grains of retumbo were 2965 fps with adg brass.

Attachments

• IMG_4548.png
    IMG_4548.png
    148.4 KB · Views: 19
I had a 30 nosler with a 22" barrel for a short time. Here's some info with n570 from the smith and retumbo from me. 215 hybrid with 85 grains of retumbo were 2965 fps with adg brass.
Much appreciated! I throated it to 3.65 coal with the 215. Excited to see what it can do

You will always find the powder(s) that produce the highest velocities will always be the same regardless of barrel length. The only difference will be the velocity and muzzle blast from a shorter barrel, this not a guess, this is tested fact.

Cheers.

You will always find the powder(s) that produce the highest velocities will always be the same regardless of barrel length. The only difference will be the velocity and muzzle blast from a shorter barrel, this not a guess, this is tested fact.

Cheers.

The unicorn who **** out my RL26 would disagree