28 nosler problems

This is one of the mistakes people make ordering a rifle not knowing or understanding what nk dia. or freebore used on a rifle is.
It sucks if you wanted a no turn, but that being said one no turn vrs another may be different. IMHO a rifle should have any less than .004 -.005. Ive shot rifles that have had as much as .008 and shot well but it sure works the crap out of the necks.

This is one of the mistakes people make ordering a rifle not knowing or understanding what nk dia. or freebore used on a rifle is.
It sucks if you wanted a no turn, but that being said one no turn vrs another may be different. IMHO a rifle should have any less than .004 -.005. Ive shot rifles that have had as much as .008 and shot well but it sure works the crap out of the necks.
Ya I knew they used a sammi chamber with a longer throat and extended magazine because I called before ordering but just assumed they use sammi neck diameter as well. It's crazy the gun still shoots lights out. I'll get it figured out I've had nothing but great customer service so far. Thanks for all the reply's I'll make sure and update this post after I get it figured out just to help the next guy out like myself banging his head against the wall

My buddy bought a Fierce in 28 Nosler from Cabela's about 6 months ago, it wouldn't extract fired cases. The roll pin that held the extractor in place, only went half-way thru bolt. It couldn't go all the way thru as the notch in the extractor wasn't cut deep enough. It bent the extractor and was creating marks on the brass. He sent it in and took them about 3 weeks to ship it back. He got it back and it extracts now. Bolt was either re-coated or they just fit a different bolt that headspaced correctly.

My buddy bought a Fierce in 28 Nosler from Cabela's about 6 months ago, it wouldn't extract fired cases. The roll pin that held the extractor in place, only went half-way thru bolt. It couldn't go all the way thru as the notch in the extractor wasn't cut deep enough. It bent the extractor and was creating marks on the brass. He sent it in and took them about 3 weeks to ship it back. He got it back and it extracts now. Bolt was either re-coated or they just fit a different bolt that headspaced correctly.
Ya I was looking at the ejector holes in relation to the extractor pen and wondered if that's why the one ejector hole isn't drilled as deep. After he got it back everything is all good now? Is he shooting factory or reloads ?

Factory loads. I can't understand how it made it out the door. They really mangled the roll pin and all you had to do was hold it up to a light, to see the problem. It does shoot good though. 1/2 MOA with a couple different loads. Wyatt length box and almost throated long enough for 195 Berger out of the neck.

Factory loads. I can't understand how it made it out the door. They really mangled the roll pin and all you had to do was hold it up to a light, to see the problem. It does shoot good though. 1/2 MOA with a couple different loads. Wyatt length box and almost throated long enough for 195 Berger out of the neck.
Yeah that's the frustrating part about the one that I have it shoots so dang good I almost didn't want to send it back but it's just wrecking brass with the pressure problems.

Almost embarrassing to mention but I'm still having problems with the gun! After last elk season I threw it in the gun safe and haven't looked at it since. Recently found out I drew a sheep tag in Idaho and I would like to take the gun on the hunt but I'm still having the problems, anything you guys would try next? I did turn the necks on a few pieces of brass and I'm having the same problem with pressure as before, although now I'm able to fit a bullet in a fired peace of brass.

I have tight neck benchrest rifles that have .001 clearance with turned necks...you are fine with .002+ clearance all day long....I wonder if your necks are too long though?

I have tight neck benchrest rifles that have .001 clearance with turned necks...you are fine with .002+ clearance all day long....I wonder if your necks are too long
I have tight neck benchrest rifles that have .001 clearance with turned necks...you are fine with .002+ clearance all day long....I wonder if your necks are too long though?
Could you explain by too long of necks. Do you mean trim length or actual neck length? My trim length is 2.585 nosler says minimum trim is 2.590