25 saum did the job.

rpierce

Official LRH Sponsor
Check out this awesome ram that Carter got with his resident tag he drew. I finished a 25 saum for him just weeks before the hunt. When it started shooting in the .1s and .2s right off the bat he knew he wanted to use it on this hunt. He went MILES back in on horse. He shot it at 250 yds and it dropped on the spot. 133 berger made soup out of the vitals.

Heres a 4 shot .673"/.151 moa group at 425 yds with 133 bergers at just under 3000 fps. Barrel hasnt sped up yet.

I spun a 25 saum barrel up for myself and its shooting like this also with the same load. STUPID accurate. 1-2" 5 shot groups at 625 yds and .1s at 100.

Congrats on an epic hunt.

Attachments

• carters ram.jpg
    carters ram.jpg
    549.5 KB · Views: 35
  • carters 425 yd group.jpg
    carters 425 yd group.jpg
    409.4 KB · Views: 33
Awesome shooting, could you give some specs on the cartridge? Overall length? Freebore? I'm wanting to build a 25saum to run in a short action.

That is pretty impressive! Not familiar with that case. What are the average charge weights and barrel twist? I love all things .25!

Awesome shooting, could you give some specs on the cartridge? Overall length? Freebore? I'm wanting to build a 25saum to run in a short action.
I have a .183 free bore. Hes using it in a short action. He needed to be .040 off the lands to have a little room in a detachable magazine. It shot phenomenal at .050 off. Mine is .050 off as well but I have mine in a long action with hawkins mag spacers. So far I haven't had to chase the lands. Haven't measured throat erosion in 250 rounds.

That is pretty impressive! Not familiar with that case. What are the average charge weights and barrel twist? I love all things .25!
Its a 6.5 saum necked down. 58-59 gr of h1000 is the mild load that absolutely hammers with 133 bergers. Its 3000 fps is in 22" barrels once they speed up. I pushed it at 3100 originally but since it was a higher node and I run suppressed I had to clean the barrel more often or it would start to pressure up and leave the node. I can go 50+ rounds between cleanings at the mild 3000 fps node.

Recent Posts