.22 Nosler

Bumping up an older thread but the 22 Nosler interests me. Has anyone played with it yet? I've been wanting to build a 6.8SPC as I think thats probably one of the best all around chamberings for the AR15 and Ive always had a love for the 270, so its just a baby 270win stuffed in an AR15. (yes I know the case has nothing to do with the 270 win, but the bullets are the same)

But I do like the idea of running 77gr SMKs and 75gr BTHP or Hornadys new 73gr ELD-M at over 3000 fps out of my 20" AR.
I bet the 75gr bonded bullets from Speer or Swift would be one heck of a bullet launched at those speeds.
Also launching light for caliber bullets like a 45gr TSX out of it would be pretty cool. Almost 22-250 speeds.

Bumping up an older thread but the 22 Nosler interests me. Has anyone played with it yet? I've been wanting to build a 6.8SPC as I think thats probably one of the best all around chamberings for the AR15 and Ive always had a love for the 270, so its just a baby 270win stuffed in an AR15. (yes I know the case has nothing to do with the 270 win, but the bullets are the same)

But I do like the idea of running 77gr SMKs and 75gr BTHP or Hornadys new 73gr ELD-M at over 3000 fps out of my 20" AR.
I bet the 75gr bonded bullets from Speer or Swift would be one heck of a bullet launched at those speeds.
Also launching light for caliber bullets like a 45gr TSX out of it would be pretty cool. Almost 22-250 speeds.

It's closer to a 225 Winchester than a 22-250.

Regardless, I've got a 223 boltface bolt action laying around and this is getting tempting. I'm trying to hold out for a 24 or 25 caliber wildcat, but I haven't seen any reports on anyone doing one.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.