22 Creedmoor Powders

jfjohn77

Anyone have any knowledge about any powders other that the go to H4350 and Reloader "XX" powders? The Reloader powders seem all but non-existent, and expensive when available. I ran some Parametric powder searches in Gordon's Reloading Tool and several come up at or near the top of the lists with several different bullet weights. I'm only looking at the heavier bullet weights, 70gr to 90gr. So, I'm curious if someone has had any experience using some of these? I don't hear these mentioned much, so maybe they just aren't worth the try... but the powders I am seeing over and over are Vihtavuori N550 & N555, Ramshot Hunter, Big Game & Magnum, Hodgdon LeverEvolution and Winchester 760. Now I have not started loading for the 22 Creedmoor because my barrel has not arrived yet. I'm just gathering powders and bullets at this point. I have dies, brass and primers. And I'm trying work up some ladders on paper for when I can start. If anyone has tried any of these powders with the 22 Creed, I would value your opinion as to their viability with this cartridge.

IMG_5022.png

Hodgdon reloading will give you plenty of options to check out.

I've used H4350, H1000, H4831, and Varget with good success. I haven't loaded Vihta powders in the 22 CM, but I'm sure they'd work well.

I am waiting on my reamer and stock. I have 300 rum, 28 nos 6.5 prc. so it have powders like staball hd, h1000, retumbo, ramshot magnum, ramshot grand. so I should be covered for the heavies in the 22 creed. Looking at the hodgdon data this is going to be fun.

Anyone have any knowledge about any powders other that the go to H4350 and Reloader "XX" powders? The Reloader powders seem all but non-existent, and expensive when available. I ran some Parametric powder searches in Gordon's Reloading Tool and several come up at or near the top of the lists with several different bullet weights. I'm only looking at the heavier bullet weights, 70gr to 90gr. So, I'm curious if someone has had any experience using some of these? I don't hear these mentioned much, so maybe they just aren't worth the try... but the powders I am seeing over and over are Vihtavuori N550 & N555, Ramshot Hunter, Big Game & Magnum, Hodgdon LeverEvolution and Winchester 760. Now I have not started loading for the 22 Creedmoor because my barrel has not arrived yet. I'm just gathering powders and bullets at this point. I have dies, brass and primers. And I'm trying work up some ladders on paper for when I can start. If anyone has tried any of these powders with the 22 Creed, I would value your opinion as to their viability with this cartridge.
H4350 and H1000 are always good an what I've been using, great groups and FPS too.

I've used Superformance, Staball 6.5 and H4831sc with 75 and 77. Currently using H4831sc with 75eldm, not the fastest of the 3 I listed but the most consistent.