2023 Colorado Collegiate range bighorn

COBrad

My daughter and I with my ram. 21 years to draw this tag. I had close to 50 days scouting and hunting to get this unit S11 ram. Saw very few sheep while scouting and probably around a thousand people climbing the surrounding 14000' peaks since I started scouting in May. We hiked 11 miles and 4200' of elevation gain to get this ram two days ago. Shot was 675 yards with my New Ultra Light Arms .284 Winchester.
IMG_5102.png

Congrats on a nice ram! S11 can be tough. I think our state is recreated to death now...didn't use to see so many people in the woods. One of my good friends has been an outfitter in Buena Vista for many years and used to hunt S11 a lot. There's always been some really good rams in there but they can be tough to find. Good work, thanks for sharing!

My daughter and I with my ram. 21 years to draw this tag. I had close to 50 days scouting and hunting to get this unit S11 ram. Saw very few sheep while scouting and probably around a thousand people climbing the surrounding 14000' peaks since I started scouting in May. We hiked 11 miles and 4200' of elevation gain to get this ram two days ago. Shot was 675 yards with my New Ultra Light Arms .284 Winchester. View attachment 497016
Congratulations! A well deserved trophy. Way to put in the work!