2019 Hunting Plans?

Hopefully a road trip left in me. A couple of baited bear hunts suit my physicality. Especially those with 2 bear limits.

Have Steve build me 190-200 grain Lever Hammer for my #1.:confused:

Last edited:
I'll be staying in Washington again this year, it was good to me last year. elk18.png deer 2018.jpg end of bird season 2018.jpg

1. Nov rifle deer camp here in Michigan with my brothers. The little one just found out he can come since he won't be deployed!

2. I'll get another preference point for WY elk. Can really afford the hunt yet since I'll have just come back from deployment myself.

3. On a whim I bought a couple of raffle tickets for a WY commissioner's tag. Can't really afford the time for that hunt either but it'd be worth quitting my job for...

So this won't likely be a big year for me. That's ok. I get to be home with the wife and kids for a while and figure out Wyoming for 2020, and maybe black bear in WV?

July: Wyoming fly fishing and scouting.
October: Missouri bowhunting, Wyoming antelope and mule deer.
November: Missouri bow and rifle deer hunting.

Black bear idaho this next month, Putting in for moose this week in idaho (hope to draw), archery antelope in Idaho in August, Idaho archery elk in September, and rifle mule deer in October, then wolf come after october and of course waterfowl and varmints. Then Arizona Couse in January.

Well let's see, Black bear in MT next month, then archery elk in September, muzzloader mule deer in September in CO. antelope and deer in October in WY. rifle elk in November in CO, then west Texas for Aoudad sheep in January 2020. Maybe get lucky and draw a mtn goat or sheep tag.

Total of 9 critters to shoot.

Should be a good year

I'll get another preference point for WY elk. Can really afford the hunt yet since I'll have just come back from deployment myself.

Thank you for your service!

For myself, it will be whitetails in NC and SC in the fall/winter (2 1/2 month seasons), hopefully CO pronghorn in Sept (tag tbd), whitetails in WI in November, NC coastal black bear in December.

November muledeer in Montana, hoping to draw 2nd rifle muledeer in Colorado and probably antelope in New Mexico.

Fishing this spring and into early summer in both Oregon and Idaho for crappie, trout, bass, perch. Along with some load development and just plain old shooting. August will be dedicated to scouting. Archery hunt Oregon with my son and grandson. Deer hunt Oregon if we draw again with my son and grandson. Idaho rifle for an elk, probably be on my own this year. Hopefully some quail and pheasant hunting with my brother in Oregon.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts