2 milestones in 1 year

Varmint Hunter, my WV groundhogs have vanished due to 2 reasons: me & coyotes. My single day groundhog record was 36. My single day ID rockchuck record was 65. After 1905 chucks the last 6 years they're getting a little scarcer. The farmers love it.

No pain from shooting. Muzzle breaks on the big guns. Varmint guns-.223, .22=250, .250 Sav. AI, 6mm AI are babbys. Wrists get a little sore on cleaning all the deer. To be expected for someone older than 3 hills!

Wow....It's nice to finally match up a face with the famous Hitman name. For those that don't know, Hitman wrote featured articles for JD Jones Sixgunner publication for many, many years. It was a newspaper type magazine and Hitman was the star. He must have published a hundred articles in that rag over the years. I only wrote one. At the time, around 1992, almost all of the articles published were about hunting with single shot pistols. I wrote one up, where three of us shot 6 hogs in Carizzo Springs, TX using a 41 Auto Mag, 45 Win Mag Wildey, 357 Coonan, 45 Win Mag LAR Grizzly, and a Freedom Arms 454. It was a wild lead slinging cowboy shootfest.

Tony

I am impressed for 2 reasons. One your totals are astounding. Two, I would not be able to keep my records straight for that length of time. The year I shot 58 deer on the NC DMAP program was hard enough for me to record. I did have a personal best that year, 17 in more morning, all head shots. I drove an Isuzu Trooper II back then, and I had them stacked in the back seat, the back, on the roof, on the hood, and on a carry hitch. Any bump and the carry hitch was dragging the ground. Best part was I had to finish loading through open windows, so there were legs hanging out everywhere. It was a sight to see as I was passed on the highway.

A
akdad: Groundhogs- .223 Contender(1660); Rem. 22-250 XP-(2286); .250 Sav. AI XP-(1206); 6mmAI Encore-(735); suppressed Ruger MKIII-(878)
Deer- I didn't keep quiet the records as groundhogs, but roughly- 6.5-284 XP 100 (over 600 with around 18 between 500-565); 6.5 JDJ Contender (around 400); .309 JDJ Contender (around 200); .375/.284 XP-( around 350). Many other deer with .454 Casull, .357 Mag., .500 Mag, .45 ACP. I chose my deer guns based on the terrain/corn fields I hunted. Less than 150 I often used revolvers or semi autos, over that my 6.5/.284 was first up. I shot out my first barrel after 2200 rounds. Used it & my .375/.284 primarily in Africa, although I did my rhino & a Cape buff with my FA .475 Linebaugh.
Sniper, I have all my groundhog papers from 1976 to present. Somehow some of my deer paper are gone. I had a house fire in 2002. Lost all my guns including rifles, but these papers survived with my family bible, otherwise 99.5% loss. I only replaced my handguns. I see no need for rifles. I use the suppressed Ruger for squirrels (600+),.FA .454 Casull for turkeys (30, plus 2 with a .44 Mag), bears (12 blacks with .375/.284 XP, .325 WSM XP, 2 brown bears- .375 JDJ Contender, .500 Mag). All other guns are for the big stuff. My personal best for summer crop damage deer was 151. Didn't want to see a deer for a while. All my deer get cleaned by me (7 1/2-8 minutes) & all my squirrels cleaned. All meat given to poor, elderly, friends.