$2,000 to spend on scope…..

Locking elevation and illumination will take out several of the scopes mentioned. Razor LHT 4.4-22 would likely be the best bet.

Leupold vx6hd.
mine has been flawless. Glass, eye relief, light weight and has tracked spot on for over a year. and I've dialed mine out to 1000 yards all the time.
this is what I've used and have not had a reason to switch.
outside of that if I had to get a different scope then I'd look at nightforce. What most pro shooters use.
Unfortunately that's a second focal plane scope.. all be it a good one

Dang - can someone please generally explain how much better those scopes are than the ones that can be had for say closer to $1,000 ? And I am talking more about long range plinking - maybe an Elk Shot - 600? yards max - than Match shooting.

Thanks

I need a scope for an upcoming 6.5 SAUM build. This gun is built with intentions of being a light, handy packing rifle. Rifle should finish somewhere in the 7#'ish range sans optics.

I have a budget of NO MORE than $2,000 to spend on a scope for this rifle.

Must haves are:
  • FFP
  • 18x or higher magnification
  • MIL/MIL illuminated reticle
  • Solid positive turrets, locking elevation would be a plus.
  • 25oz or less preferred.
What is the best scope I can get for my stated budget with the options above? Again $2000 is my MAX budget.
I would go Nightforce NX8
Check Redhawkrifles.com

If yo
I need a scope for an upcoming 6.5 SAUM build. This gun is built with intentions of being a light, handy packing rifle. Rifle should finish somewhere in the 7#'ish range sans optics.

I have a budget of NO MORE than $2,000 to spend on a scope for this rifle.

Must haves are:
  • FFP
  • 18x or higher magnification
  • MIL/MIL illuminated reticle
  • Solid positive turrets, locking elevation would be a plus.
  • 25oz or less preferred.
What is the best scope I can get for my stated budget with the options above? Again $2000 is my MAX budget.
If you have not checked out eotech vudu 5x25 with horus h59, I would recommend. I have on my duty bolt gun and my pws 308.