180 Game Changer load data for 308 win

I know everyone has there on way and not trying to be a butt head but I quit along time ago at starting at less than half max published data. After the powder shortage I quit starting low and working through a full long drawn out process. I generally have found if you find published data for a load you can start at 3/4 of that load and work your way up and then I will push till I get an ejector swipe. I’m also looking at what the case fill was supposed to be as how full is it. I generally found powders that fill in the 95 to 100% range produce the most velocities with the most consistency. I don’t pull bullets a whole lot but maybe couple times a year. I also shoot probably 3000 to 6000 rounds a year between my 7 rifles. Actually one has bit the dust. It needs a barrel change. Also one of the main reasons I run a 308. I also have the 6.5 creed just haven’t really put it on the bench a lot. Will see if these are 2 hot today. My other 205 is probably going to be what I hunt with. Apparently they also run about the exact same load data spread. So really testing that today. May take a milk jug out for the 7mm-08 to see if I can get another hit at distance. Really hoping that my 308 load will have lower ES. Would like to do the milk jug with it also. Will see if I can get some video footage of the milk jug.

So I never got out to go shoot. I'll probably swing by Sportmans and checkout one of there latest Sierra load data books and see if they have the game changes in there and compare that to what I loaded up. Hopefully will get out Tuesday of this next week. Weather looks good and wind looks like 2-5 mph at the crack of dawn till about 10am. So that should be some good shooting weather minus the warmer conditions but that's life. Still will take out the milk jugs and the 7-08 along with the phone scope and spotter. See if I can get some video. Above in the post when I was talking about the 205 Berger’s they run about the same as the 210 VLD and I’m using the same charge weight of powder. They even hit pressure with the same max loading as I did with the 210VLD’s. I even believe I’m using the same setting depth and I think the 212 ELDX ran the same also. Little different length on the ELDX but the 210’s, the 205’s and the 212’s have all shot into the same group at 100 yards. So hopefully I will have 3 different bullet loads to choose from once I’m done. Only downfall with the 212 is I was running accurate 4064 and it gives me larger ES and SD spreads. So I think I’m going with the staball match with the 205’s and 210’s. Will see how they fly at distance later on this summer.

Last edited:
So from my loads. I thought I had loaded in consecutive order but I may have left those at home today cause when I got to the place I shoot I had 7 loads of IMR4895 and 5 of H4895. I will have to find what box 📦 put those in. So the good news IMR 4895 shot really well at 100 yards and chrono at 2660 average. The H4895 was not so hot. About 1.5+MOA. I used 4 IMR’s for group and then shot 3 with the Magneto speed attached. The more I do this the more I want one of the new garmins. So the first one is the 4 shot group but in trying to get it to lay flatter in my book I cut one of the holes basically out. You can see that with the straight line and the I had the one that went a little higher probably me for sure. The second group is the magneto speed attached at the bottom of the diamond and then there is a 210 Berger hole to the right about an inch down and then the upper cluster that like 3 shots and 2 to the left is the H4895. Too bad the hodgens didn’t shoot better cause it’s an extreme powder. But I’ve seen this before in another 308 that I had the IMR shot much better.

Attachments

• IMG_2772.jpeg
    IMG_2772.jpeg
    190.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2773.jpeg
    IMG_2773.jpeg
    197.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2774.jpeg
    IMG_2774.jpeg
    202.4 KB · Views: 8
Here was a little morning fun with my 7mm08 and some some 162SST’s. Shooting some rocks that I could range. My range finder is not as good as I thought for bright full sun ranges. This was a little earlier in the morning so I got a good range. I was trying to hit the small rock that I think I finally hit on the las shot. But as you can see how easy it is with small movements in you holding can equal a decent amount at distance. Cool thing for a factory off the shelf rifle it shoots pretty good I think. Ok I have to figure out how to attach a video.