180 ELDM terminal performance report.

Huntnful

I spent more time documenting the wound and compiling these videos together to hopefully give a better idea of bullet performance. I know gutting her and showing internal damage would be even more beneficial, and I may just have to start doing it in the name of science. But for now, here's a first hand look at terminal damage from a 180 ELDM at 605 yards with an impact velocity of about 2500 FPS.

No exit makes sense at that angle, although I've had no exit with a Berger at 65yds broadside and it acted the same way. Entered then complete annihilation. You planning on running the scope can on your hunts this year or too heavy?

No exit makes sense at that angle, although I've had no exit with a Berger at 65yds broadside and it acted the same way. Entered then complete annihilation. You planning on running the scope can on your hunts this year or too heavy?
Yeah, at that angle, I completely didn't except an exit. I shot another one perfectly broadside at 450 yards or so and it had a nice golf ball exit.

I shot a buck perfectly broadside at 30 yards with a 195 Berger and didn't get an exit either lol. But you can better believe he didn't make it far haha.

Cartridge and MV?

Congrats!

Appears to be excellent performance.
7-300 NMI
3160fps MV

This is the other sheep. About 450 yard shot. Exit side, with the 180 ELDM. She made it maybe 20 yards

IMG_3324.jpeg