162 ELDM

I also have a 284 Win load with 162 A-Max that shoots 2775 fps with H4350 from a Lilja 20" suppressed.
I could push it a bit faster but it runs the dope of one of my 7mm-08 CDS VX-5HD caps so for the range I'll shoot this A-Max… it's perfect.
Another beauty of hand loading… right!??

I also have a 284 Win load with 162 A-Max that shoots 2775 fps from a Lilja 20" suppressed.
I could push it a bit faster but it runs the dope of one of my 7mm-08 CDS VX-5HD caps so for the range I'll shoot this A-Max… it's perfect.
I just put together a 7-08 and originally planned on running 160s but decided that 150s are a better plan for it. Swift Sirrocco's are what I'll be using. . Haven't shot it yet due to some health issues but after recovery, I'll be excited to get it to the range. I think I saw that a 150 ELD is available also.

Yep… it is available.
That's what my 7-08 CDS cap was printed for.
I think Hornady has a Precision Hunter 150 ELD factory load
I know it's not a hunting bullet but I've had the best results with the ELDM bullets on deer. I've had decent experience with the X version but excellent results with the match version. Accuracy is better too

Nice...what did you not like about the 195's?
They shot good but I don't think the 284 case is ideal for that heavy bullet. I have a 28 Nosler that does better with them. I knows it's an opinion thing more than anything but I feel like the 160 class bullet is ideal for the 284. I'm a hunter and that's the experience I have with the cartridge. I know comp guys like the 180s and even 195s. I prefer the 162s.

The 284 is a very underrated round. When Berger came out with their 7mm 180 f class bullet guys started necking 6.5 284 back to 284 since 284 brass was hard to find and Lapua made 6.5 284 brass. Largely in response to guys who were necking down 284 brass to shoot high bc 6.5's. The improved version the shehane was very popular and still is in long range circles.

While I have not shot any game with the 162 ELD-M I can say that in my 7mm Practical they are crazy accurate. I push them to 3250 fps. They are much less finicky than the Berger 168's.