15x bino on a budget

Vortex 15x50 viper, nice thing is they are 28 oz if I recalls somewhat packable.For the rig I have ziess 15x56,they heavy.
15x Vipers discontinued they only go up to 12x50 now and just recently got a new replacement under warranty they're really great for the price surprisingly better than the new Leupold BX4 I just gotten rid of due to very poor image quality and excessive CA. Mine says Philippines on it. They couldn't save my Japan made one I sent in twice.

I have been pleasantly surprised with the Athlon Cronus 15x56 I bought.
I can spot game past legal shooting light at good distance.
I bought a Cronus G2 15x56 and it's not that clear but the one I have may be defective but IDK since I only bought one of them it's a disappointment based on my eyes and the example of just this one I had bought. I also bought a far superior Burris Signature HD 15x56 and for roughly the same price as the Chinese Cronus G2, there's no comparison and made in Japan.

Edit to add even the Eyeskey 15x56 for $219 on Amazon is clearer and with way less CA than my Athlon Cronus G2 15x56 which makes me think I may even have a defective Athlon. I actually ended up keeping the Eyeskey it's unbelievable how clear it is for how ridiculously cheap they are. They're a little clearer than my Vortex Vulture HD 15x56s. I figured with Amazon's totally risk free buying with free 30 day returns I like to try everything out of sheer curiosity to compare to my higher priced name brand bins and keep only what's actually worth keeping. There's a handful of generic bins I actually ended up keeping while returning the other 90-95% which were just plain crap.

Last edited:
Vortex 15x50 viper, nice thing is they are 28 oz if I recalls somewhat packable.For the rig I have ziess 15x56,they heavy.
I am not impressed with my Viper HD 15x50s. They are OK, but not impressive. If I had to do it over i would probably look at spending some more $$$ on Maven, Meopta, or something like that.

The Vipers are not even in the same ballpark as my buddies Zeiss Conquest 15x56s.