140gr Berger Elite Hunter issue. Anyone experience this?

rjletraveler

140gr Berger elite hunter out of a 6.5prc. Hunting Cow elk but also had an either sex mule deer tag. Shot a doe at 110 yards. Perfectly through the ribs. Dropped like a stone. When I opened her up the entire internal cavity had been scrambled. Bullet came apart and the concussion combined with bullet fragments tore through the diaphragm. Gut material, plant bits and the like had sucked out the exit hole. I found gut material forced into the meat along the spine. Exit wound was the size of a quarter. Has anyone experienced this? Bullet was right behind the shoulders right through the middle. Scared to use these again if they do anything similar. Appreciate any thoughts. thanks

IMG_5073.jpeg

That is pretty much how a Berger works. I have never had a Berger exit any animal. Just killed a couple of deer and the insides were exactly as you described.
I switched to Nosler Accubonds as I know they make a pass through and destroy everything in between but does not destroy meat as bad as Berger but then again, dead is dead!