110 ba .338 lapua

I shot both versions of the 110 BA at a local range a couple months ago.The Savage reps brought out several guns for anyone to shoot.

Both the 300WM and the 338 Lapua versions of the 110 BA were fun to shoot,and I shot about 2 boxes of ammo through each one while I was there.(The reps told me I could shoot all I wanted to)

I would've liked them better if I could have shot off a left hand bench,but they were setup on the right hand benches so I just shot right handed.I can shoot either way,but prefer left handed.

Both rifles operated great,and shot just as a Savage should.Very accurate,but we only had 100 yrds to shoot them,so that is really no great test.

It was the first 338 Lapua that I had ever shot,and the recoil was tamed down greatly from the factory muzzle brake.The trigger was typical Accutrigger,some people like them,some don't. I have always liked the trigger and enjoy shooting them.
Although,I don't care for the adjustable (AR15 style) buttstocks,they both operated great,and were comfortable to shoot.
The large and easy to find magazine release made changing magazines a fast and easy process.

I shoot a Savage 110FLP 300WM,so the 110 BA was only a stock style change for me with that weapon.It also performed great,just like the 338.

If you like that style of rifle,it should be a great gun to have,but I can build a standard rifle with most of the features of these for a lot less $$$,and not have the ugly stock.

Well the good news is that my order was confirmed today by my dealer from his Savage rep, the bad news however is that it's 12 weeks out on delivery. 3 months is a hell of a long time to sit here dreaming about it. Oh well not much I can do other than wait I guess

The reason I'm not going with the Savage is the weight. It is 15+ lbs as is without scope! That said, the Remington 700p 338Lap MLR fits my needs perfectly and is 4-500$ cheaper than the Savage. I feel the Remington is the best bang for the buck in 338 Lapua.:)

I went through the same decision process and now own a Remington 700 Police in 338 Lapua. I love it. I did have to have the stock and trigger worked on but it's great!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.