10mm handgun

I'd be willing to give up a few and a lot of wolves. If I knew they wanted some I could of grabbed these two. One last Oct. at 24 yds. He had just got done covering up deer carcass from week before. The other was on my cow elk carcass from week before last Nov.. Went back following week. Thats all that was left. Size 12 boot. You getting any wolves or griz there on west side around you , Big Piney, Afton, etc yet ? Wyoming or Salt River Range ? If not I have plenty here I can herd your way brother 😉View attachment 549349View attachment 549350View attachment 549351View attachment 549352View attachment 549353
I am in upper Star Valley, WY, a mile from Idaho, we spend a lot of time over on Diamond Creek and Blackfoot River. No griz around Star Valley yet or west into Idaho that I have heard of yet, nor wolves. Cats are getting bold though.

Obviously a Libturd there.....no sense of humotr ability to discern such.....RIP Lefty....
I'm not sure what exactly ruffled your wrinkles….but it is you Sir, that is demonstrating an over sensitive "snowflake" behavior pattern…find a safe place and kindly get over yourself.

I have a Glock 20 10mm with a Lone Wolf Barrel and a Taurus Raging Bull 454 Casul with a 6.5 inch barrel. Over the last few years I have changed my projectile choices. For years I carried 300 gr Nosler Partitions in my 454 with a full house charge of H-110 or Lil Gun running them at 1700 fps. Several years ago a buddy of mine who is a retired Wyoming State Trooper and I were deer/elk hunting in Wyoming, he shot a mule deer and hit it a bit high at about a 100 yards with a 300 win and it needed to be finished because it kept trying to get up. I handed him my 454 and said finish the job. First shot, knocked the deer down after hitting it behind the shoulder, deer got back up, he shot again, again the deer got knocked down and 30 seconds later got up again, these shots were from about 5 feet away. 3rd shot deer was down but not dead, 4th shot through the neck and that was it. Good thing we didn't need the 5th shot because the bullet jumped the crimp and the cylinder was hard to turn! I had been carrying these 300 gr partitions for years as Griz medicine and I was dumbfounded. I don't know if the velocity was too much for these bullets, but non of them exited and the damage wasn't great. I have since changed tactics. I now shoot 300 gr extreme penetrators out of the 454 @1600 fps and testing was done on a 8 inch diameter dead pine tree and the tree didn't stand a chance. Blew a .500 inch hole all the way through and tore up the ground behind it. I also made my crimps much tighter! My light duty Griz gun is my Glock 20 loaded with Underwood 150 gr extreme defenders. I also have Underwood 220 gr hard cast for backup. My personal opinion is that the sharp flutes on the Lehigh defense extreme penetrators and extreme defenders creat a much larger wound channel and much more cutting action as they spin through flesh than a hard cast bullet. When I am hunting in concentrated grizzly country I carry my 454, and I usually have my 10mm in camp. Check out this video watch it all the way through.

What is the intended use? Carry?, Back-up while hunting? Hunting?

I've got a G29SF and G20 mags w/grip extensions as well as a Lone Wolf barrel that is about an inch longer if I remember correctly. I like the 29 as is for packing/carry and the extended mags for shooting.
A lot of folks are carrying 10mms for bear guns these days and I've always said that the best gun for a gunfight is the one you have with you.... however... I'm not a big fan of the 10 muther-muther or any auto stuffer as a bear gun. With good ammo I think the 10 is capable, but marginal when you have a choice on how much of an advantage you want over your adversary. Everyone mentions capacity as the big advantage. When I worked for S&W I called on the Alaskan State Troopers on a regular basis. Info from them indicated that the average potential bear meal, ( person) only gets off 2 to 3 rounds during an attack. They felt, as I do, that an operator induced stoppage has a high potential if a bear knocks you to the ground and it becomes a close-in hand to hand combat situation. A stoppage on any auto loader would be hard to clear with one hand because the other is stuffed halfway down a bear's throat. Revolvers can certainly malfunction but the most common, which is a failure to fire is easily remedied by pulling the trigger again. Also, contact shots or a bad grip will not induce a malfunction with a wheel gun. Just my 2 cents , but I think I'm going to stay with a big magnum revolver for my back country bear gun. Randy Garret (the old owner of Garret Ammo), proved a long time ago that a heavy for caliber (320 grain) .44 bullet with a big meplat @ just under a 1000 fps will shoot completely through any bear alive at just about any angle. I've killed several large boar and a bison with that load and always had complete penetration, even on a double lung shot on the bison.

Seems you've taken offense at a joke. You know, there are plenty of brands of decaffeinated coffee on the market that taste just as good as regular coffee. ;)

I have seen plenty of people who cannot reach the trigger of a Glock 20 without assuming a terrible grip where they rotate their hand toward the trigger in order to reach it, which in turn moves the backstrap of the gun out of the web of the hand (where it belongs) and puts it where it whacks them right in their "thumb knuckle". A couple of these folks have been determined to make it work, and shot it so much it has caused permanent damage and soreness to said knuckle, and now find it painful to shoot even a pistol that does fit them.

To say that a Glock fits everyone, is just as accurate as saying my wife's jeans will fit anyone.

BTW she's 5'3" 125 lbs, has tiny hands. The "universal fits everyone" Grock doesn't fit her, and I don't reckon her jeans would fit you.
I was just humoring the absurdity of the "hand re-fitment surgery "joke.

and of course the G20, 21, 29, and 30 (I have one of each) are fat handled beasts that have a special learning curve to their effective use…. I would love my G20 to feel like my G48 but with regular practice a shooter can learn the gun…it's the nature of powerful handgun cartridges to be large and long…the G20's effectiveness is worth the extra effort to learn the gun…definitely a specialty tool.

I have a Glock 20 10mm with a Lone Wolf Barrel and a Taurus Raging Bull 454 Casul with a 6.5 inch barrel. Over the last few years I have changed my projectile choices. For years I carried 300 gr Nosler Partitions in my 454 with a full house charge of H-110 or Lil Gun running them at 1700 fps. Several years ago a buddy of mine who is a retired Wyoming State Trooper and I were deer/elk hunting in Wyoming, he shot a mule deer and hit it a bit high at about a 100 yards with a 300 win and it needed to be finished because it kept trying to get up. I handed him my 454 and said finish the job. First shot, knocked the deer down after hitting it behind the shoulder, deer got back up, he shot again, again the deer got knocked down and 30 seconds later got up again, these shots were from about 5 feet away. 3rd shot deer was down but not dead, 4th shot through the neck and that was it. Good thing we didn't need the 5th shot because the bullet jumped the crimp and the cylinder was hard to turn! I had been carrying these 300 gr partitions for years as Griz medicine and I was dumbfounded. I don't know if the velocity was too much for these bullets, but non of them exited and the damage wasn't great. I have since changed tactics. I now shoot 300 gr extreme penetrators out of the 454 @1600 fps and testing was done on a 8 inch diameter dead pine tree and the tree didn't stand a chance. Blew a .500 inch hole all the way through and tore up the ground behind it. I also made my crimps much tighter! My light duty Griz gun is my Glock 20 loaded with Underwood 150 gr extreme defenders. I also have Underwood 220 gr hard cast for backup. My personal opinion is that the sharp flutes on the Lehigh defense extreme penetrators and extreme defenders creat a much larger wound channel and much more cutting action as they spin through flesh than a hard cast bullet. When I am hunting in concentrated grizzly country I carry my 454, and I usually have my 10mm in camp. Check out this video watch it all the way through.

That's crazy ! I want to try some Underwood Penetrators. I've been carrying Grizzly 220 gr. hardcast lately. Was using 200 gr. HSM hardcast. I was carring my Glock 20 every year but last year I found out my Springfield XDM 10mm shot the Grizzly's better. The Glock 20 10mm shoots the HSM better. I like the grip on the XDM a lot better. My hands aren't small but never cared for the fat grips on the Gen 1 thru 3. I just carry one 15 rd. mag and one in pipe.

Accurate #9. I bought Longshot and Accurate #9 when gathering supplies. I started load testing with #9 and didn't make it to the Longshot, #9 meters like water, burns clean and is accurate in my gun.
Thank you. I'm about to try Blue Dot with the those Montana 200 gr
Hardcast. I took a load for 200 cast bullets from an older issue of Lymans reloading manual.I Haven't tested them as of yet...

I was just humoring the absurdity of the "hand re-fitment surgery "joke.

and of course the G20, 21, 29, and 30 (I have one of each) are fat handled beasts that have a special learning curve to their effective use…. I would love my G20 to feel like my G48 but with regular practice a shooter can learn the gun…it's the nature of powerful handgun cartridges to be large and long…the G20's effectiveness is worth the extra effort to learn the gun…definitely a specialty tool.
The thin grip because of single stack mag on my G48 is more uncomfortable then my G21 or G20. I have a tricked out G21 45 that I love but don't want to carry for bear.
Shield Arms makes a 15 rd. Metal double stack mag for the G48 and G43 if you didn't already know. They recommend their mag release. Factory release works great.

Last edited:
Available for you folks that place number of available rounds over a few practical, high horsepower, large caliber rounds! memtb

1712430955932.jpeg

The thin grip because of single stack mag on my G48 is more uncomfortable then my G21 or G20. I have a tricked out G21 45 that I love but don't want to carry for bear.
Shield Arms makes a 15 rd. Metal double stack mag for the G48 and G43 if you didn't already know. They recommend their mag release. Factory release works great.
I put a Hogue rubber on my two 48s to fix the "too slim feel"
Palmetto State Armory has 15 round mags for the 43x/48 that is a combination of polymer and steel….but they are so popular they're always sold out…so I have gen 1 Shield mags, never had a single hitch…
Short story…. I had several custom tricked out 1911s (Pin guns by Clark and Wilson virtual tight tack drivers)…I bad mouthed Glock plastic junk…bought a Gen 2 G21 for $150…Brother, this plastic bastard shot as well as the custom steel…I was stunned….

KKM barrels is located in my town and Kevin gave us locals deep discounts…I have at least a dozen Glocks with Kkm barrels, heavy springs, real sights …There's Sig and Smiths and Rugers in the safe.
The Glocks are the only things that get triggered.

Available for you folks that place number of available rounds over a few practical, high horsepower, large caliber rounds! memtb

View attachment 561416
Hey brother. I have four 24 rd. mags for my G21 45 auto. If I can't hit something I'll scare it to death. I have a 20 rd. G21 mag that I don't carry hunting. Just the 15 rd. At my age I don't need the extra weight.😉 I could possibly miss with the first 6 rds. In a wheel gun or auto. Maybe by then it wouldn't matter😉

Last edited:
Ever since Glock hit the market virtually every gun manufacturer out there altered their products in ways to " build a Glock better than Glock does".
Like it or not Glock set some design and performance standard that is proven worldwide…over a wide array of circumstances…everyone played catch-up.
The "Glock in 10mm for bear" scenario, according to the internet, has been played and shown to be the way go.
The Glock detractors all have similar complaints and tout the virtues of their brand xyz , the one with all the design features copied from Glock.
I'm real curious how a 1911 is playing catch up to a Glock ? lol