Your SHTF mandatory gun list.

I would love to share on this subject but as you know the fbi does and are watching all gun talking web site's this one included and im sure one of the members is a fbi officer this is the base of there type of operation. Veterans should know this already. when the shtf who will be at your door first our goverment to take your guns or the people of our towns and neighbors looking for food or help.

If it all went to hell and a handbasket, what guns are MANDATORY for you? For me, it would be:
.22LR
.45 ACP
9mm
12 GA
5.56/223
Even during the ammo/parts shortages of recent years and the pandemic, I could still find what I needed. And let's face it, these are found almost everywhere. Keep in mind the problems/events of the day.

What about you guys?
My list is to long because I have to supply my spouse, and daughters who are all excellent marksman. I range from 2 meters to 1750 meters. Better half and daughters range from 2 meters to about 600 meters.
I never worried about ammo for all this because I reload all the long range stuff and some pistols. I also had a good supple of ordered and over counter ammo before all this started. I went through my supply here at first of year and shot some to check it. I found 1 some boxes of federal 22 ammo which was 3.99 a brick of 500!!!!!! and shot great.

SHTF = "NO RULES DAYS" (NRD) in my book. Living in the hurricane box, its not unusual to lose power for 3-14 days. I've never seen "no rules days" here.

But if NRD do descend upon you, put the notion in the back of your mind that when rules are once again restored/imposed, you will be held accountable for your actions. So remain the sheepdog and do not transition into a wolf.

Pretty lengthy list of blasters in most posts...

As my Gunny used to say, "you pack it, you hump it". Every round, every ounce, adds up when you're on your feet carrying a load.

So, if SHTF consider your loadout very carefully.

IMO, there are 3 different basic scenarios to consider and my weapons/loadout are different for each one.
1. Hunkered down
2. Mobile-on foot
3. Mobile-by vehicle
Each has it's own load-out parameters/plan.

SHTF, you need a good plan IN PLACE that should include like-minded neighbors; going at it alone is not a good plan. Of course a plan is just a plan, once *hit starts rolling down hill, most plans fly out the window and in need of adjustment (Murphy always gets a say in your plan). As is often said, "most folks don't plan to fail, they just fail to plan".

In my book, you need just 2 blasters, a handgun and a rifle. Both of which you are very proficient and have plenty of ammo.

And don't forget that stout edged weapon!
Totally agree with this. The scenario for the shtf event will determine what I do and what I bring with me. Regardless I'll have my AR15 and 9mm with plenty of ammo no matter what. I could then either throw a long range thumper, or two, into the mix as well/or a close quarters weapon like an 870 with #00.

Let me expand this conversation a bit. What type of shtf event do you all think is most likely to occur? Natural disaster, invasion, civil war, etc? I ask because each of those would have influence into the discussion about guns.

Totally agree with this. The scenario for the shtf event will determine what I do and what I bring with me. Regardless I'll have my AR15 and 9mm with plenty of ammo no matter what. I could then either throw a long range thumper, or two, into the mix as well/or a close quarters weapon like an 870 with #00.

Let me expand this conversation a bit. What type of shtf event do you all think is most likely to occur? Natural disaster, invasion, civil war, etc? I ask because each of those would have influence into the discussion about guns.
Local natural disaster should be everyone's primary concern. Then grid failure of energy and commerce. I went down the rabbit hole of complete social unrest, but I've come to my senses. I have invested a lot in my community in the last 5 years and I'm more confident now than ever. I'll make this bold statement: You are better off investing in your own community than in your own island. It will take teamwork to survive any of these that last over 6 months. Just the lack of carbohydrates will kill those who cant grow them or don't know how and what fats to source...

Not a political thread ... but, aren't we already experiencing a 'natural disaster'? LOL
We're already being invaded.

But, I think if we face SHTF, it'll be in the form of a 2d Revolution. Government has ceased serving the people. They steal large chunks of our paycheck just to give it away to the people they prefer.

I mean really, when was the last time you saw our government do something that made you proud? Satisfied you to the point where you thought, "My tax dollars ... well spent!!"

Yep. Revolution.

Local natural disaster should be everyone's primary concern. Then grid failure of energy and commerce. I went down the rabbit hole of complete social unrest, but I've come to my senses. I have invested a lot in my community in the last 5 years and I'm more confident now than ever. I'll make this bold statement: You are better off investing in your own community than in your own island. It will take teamwork to survive any of these that last over 6 months. Just the lack of carbohydrates will kill those who cant grow them or don't know how and what fats to source...
I would tend to agree with this just on probability but the revolution scenario is creeping up there as well. Anyone who knows history understands that all great empires went through multiple revolutions, and we are such a young empire.