Your SHTF mandatory gun list.

Local natural disaster should be everyone's primary concern. Then grid failure of energy and commerce. I went down the rabbit hole of complete social unrest, but I've come to my senses. I have invested a lot in my community in the last 5 years and I'm more confident now than ever. I'll make this bold statement: You are better off investing in your own community than in your own island. It will take teamwork to survive any of these that last over 6 months. Just the lack of carbohydrates will kill those who cant grow them or don't know how and what fats to source...

You have much better faith in mankind than I do when things go very badly! I do hope you're correct…..but, color me skeptical!

I do agree with the community concept…..provided it's a very small community. Our community is very small, I'd love to think that we'd come together for the benefit of all…..but, we all have strong, independent natures! These independent natures could also be a huge liability when the "ship hits the sand"! 🤔 memtb

If I'm in the US when it goes Wahoonie shaped:
.22LR rifle & pistol.
Browning Hi Power in 9mm
.38/.357 Ruger GP100 with 6" barrel
AR15
O/U 12ga
L1A1/FAL
If I'm in the UK, then everything that's in my gun safe (all bolt guns & 12ga) until I relieve someone of a handgun.

FB_IMG_1668991516325.jpg

I would love to share on this subject but as you know the fbi does and are watching all gun talking web site's this one included and im sure one of the members is a fbi officer this is the base of there type of operation. Veterans should know this already. when the shtf who will be at your door first our goverment to take your guns or the people of our towns and neighbors looking for food or help.
Oh man. You caught me. This whole thread was a set up for the government to create a list of your favorite guns.

crossbow would not make my list as the blackout outdoes it in every way. Hard to beat a twelve ga with buck for bug in an, the ar for bug out and 22lr for the long haul
My long haul would be AR 223 Wylde with CMMG Bravo conversion kit, 22 LR. A 2 in 1 rifle. May not be the most powerful, but good enough for survival purposes IMO. Carry Extra parts and ammo instead of more firearms. F&N 5.7 x 28 is also one on my list. Another round that is easy transport & could be reloadable in the field. Kind of a pick your poison. Both are suppressible. And in pistol formats also. Range is their downfall to a point. lol

700 X works in 38 and 12 gauge.
I was thinking the same thing. I bought some for 38 & a old fellow told me he used it for his 12 gauge. I never did verify though. I have yet to reload for shotgun. I'm taking it one step at a time. Baby steps for me. lol

I would start off with 22 LR with a standard velocity ammo because if you are hunting you can do it quietly so as not to draw attention to you position.

Next up would be 357 Mag revolver with 180 gr. to 200 gr handloads that will give you a in the front and out the back wound cavity which the Army Wound Ballistics Lab director recommended.

Per the Army Wound Ballistics Lab the 223/5.56 has the highest lethality in the first 95 YARDS !!!! That makes it a NOGO in my book.

Finally the 308 with 175 grain hunting bullets which will allow engagement of targets to 800 yards.

The choice of the action you have in 308 may require the carry of extra parts to keep it going. There are very few that will keep on keeping on with a parts change.

The most reliable and durable rifle ever made was the 1903 Springfield.
Why would you state the 556 is a NOGO? The 556 may not have the longest kill range as many others, but I'll take it as a short/medium range weapon any day. Perfect for scouting. The ammo is somewhat light as is the weapon itself and ammo/components are readily availableand sustainable. (The main point of this post). Ive seen what it will do to a human being. As have countless others. Its devastating. Ask (if you could) anyone who has been hit by one.