Your SHTF mandatory gun list.

Too many guns and way too much ammo to carry . I will stay home and defend the castle . Time to fill the sprinkler system with gasoline . Anyone have a match?
Didn't say I was going to carry any of them. I do have all these guns. And I do have ammo/components for them all. But there is no way anyone could carry them all. This is a list of what I thought would be the most common available and sustainable should it all go south. My list is not necessarily your list. It's all good. Food for thought.

One aspect is to become independent off grid and being able to defend it. That IMO is virtually impossible. Unless you have 10' concrete walls, razor wire, moat filled with oil, 25 Rottweilers, ad nauseam.
Yeah and a bunch of goats, beef, ham, chickens, veggies, and toilet paper. You've never lived until you have to wipe with a leaf or a handful of straw. Ha! 🫢😷🤪

Everyone has the same idea

Ruger 10/22 ( backpacker one that holds the extra mags in the stock).
Glock 17 x 2.
Semi auto 308 you pick.
12 gauge - for me would be an 870
5.56 AR
Bonus gun 9mm Glock Mag compatible AR

Common rounds that everyone has stocked up on already, not counting what I have stocked up that may all not go with you.

I guess i would revert back to my kid days, living on a farm. Would varmint hunt all night and carried a 10-22 rifle and a Rem 788 in 243win. Had a peanut patch to protect and sold furs to make a little money to buy ammo and reloading supplies. There wasn't anything i couldn't kill with those two rifle. Joined the Army after high school and i was in hog heavy with all the free ammo i got to shoot. Retired in 2012. 26 years on active duty. Time has flown by....and now i am back on the farm shooting everyday.....life is good.

If it all went to hell and a handbasket, what guns are MANDATORY for you? For me, it would be:
.22LR
.45 ACP
9mm
12 GA
5.56/223
Even during the ammo/parts shortages of recent years and the pandemic, I could still find what I needed. And let's face it, these are found almost everywhere. Keep in mind the problems/events of the day.

What about you guys?
Have everything on your list except 45 and 9, I'm a wheel gun guy for defense, they always go bang when the trigger is pulled; S&W 357Mag and Ruger 357Mag, one of the two is always close. Lifetime supply of ammo for all lol

SHTF = "NO RULES DAYS" (NRD) in my book. Living in the hurricane box, its not unusual to lose power for 3-14 days. I've never seen "no rules days" here.

But if NRD do descend upon you, put the notion in the back of your mind that when rules are once again restored/imposed, you will be held accountable for your actions. So remain the sheepdog and do not transition into a wolf.

Pretty lengthy list of blasters in most posts...

As my Gunny used to say, "you pack it, you hump it". Every round, every ounce, adds up when you're on your feet carrying a load.

So, if SHTF consider your loadout very carefully.

IMO, there are 3 different basic scenarios to consider and my weapons/loadout are different for each one.
1. Hunkered down
2. Mobile-on foot
3. Mobile-by vehicle
Each has it's own load-out parameters/plan.

SHTF, you need a good plan IN PLACE that should include like-minded neighbors; going at it alone is not a good plan. Of course a plan is just a plan, once *hit starts rolling down hill, most plans fly out the window and in need of adjustment (Murphy always gets a say in your plan). As is often said, "most folks don't plan to fail, they just fail to plan".

In my book, you need just 2 blasters, a handgun and a rifle. Both of which you are very proficient and have plenty of ammo.

And don't forget that stout edged weapon!

Recent Posts