Your SHTF mandatory gun list.

Need some of these that I reload. Incredibly accurate and easy to load. 1 1/4oz slug at 1450 that shoots legit 2" groups at 100 yds is pretty nice. No worries about ammo at store.

View attachment 440876
Do you cast those slugs or purchase commercial? I like that style and weight.

I have a 1 oz slug and buckshot moulds.

"Be Prepared" is the moto, and as a former Scoutmaster, I am. I have most of the standasrd claibers in rifles and handguns, from close range to "rach out and touch someone", along with a good reserve or loaded ammo. I can also load for ANY ceneterfire rifle that I own. Also some shotguns.

I buy the slug as combined component, they are called SPW Hammerhead slugs. Their owner passed recently but his business was purchased by company in TX. Hoping they will be selling shortly.

Pretty easy to load with roll crimping. I have a hull vise I place hull locked in, use drill press with stop set for COAL (sound familiar?), also provides consistent wad pressure, use SS roll crimper. Few more tweaks I do but don't want to hijack more.

I buy the slug as combined component, they are called SPW Hammerhead slugs. Their owner passed recently but his business was purchased by company in TX. Hoping they will be selling shortly.

Pretty easy to load with roll crimping. I have a hull vise I place hull locked in, use drill press with stop set for COAL (sound familiar?), also provides consistent wad pressure, use SS roll crimper. Few more tweaks I do but don't want to hijack more.
About the same process for my hand cast but in a standard wad. I too use a drill press roll crimper.

FB_IMG_1675535578701.jpg
FB_IMG_1675535015453.jpg

9mm sidearms
5.56 rifles
.308 rifles

All ready to go.
No shotgun? Single most versatile weapon on earth for defence and hunting all kinds of game
Something in 350 Legend apparently, because during the pandemic it was the only ammo always on the shelf at Walmart.
If getting more ammo is a concern

a) stock up before the fan is hit with, well you know

B) air guns, bows and arrows, slingshots, and flintlocks for life!!!!! 🤣

No primers needed. A variety of "projectiles" could be pressed into service. BLACKPOWDER can be made from readily obtainable ingredients (potassium nitrate is a common fertilizer ingredient, sulfur isn't exactly guarded, and charcoal…well just burn some wood and keep the ash)

If we are going there we might as well go there...
-One AR 15 (5.56) for every member of the house. A couple need to be high end, Like DD, Colt, etc.
-At least one 300 BLK suppressed. night vision is a bonus...
-One AR 10, 308 w/ top notch Thermal.
-9mm everything make sure everybody has one. A couple need to be high end. (your don't want to be trouble shooting your Taurus in a gun fight)
-A couple accurate 22lr rifles
-A couple reliable 12ga
-7mm mag or 30 mag for the long distance work.

Every caliber should have an ammo count/inventory of double the population of your county/parish

I'm not there yet, but a boy can dream...